10 May 2006

Works-For-Me-Wednesday w/ Bonus!



Continuing on the well thought up column from Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer here's today's WFMW!

Today is actually one tip with a bonus! First, ever go nuts with all those tupperware items and lids in a cabinet? Well, I swear by Rubbermaid bins and drawers. So, my most recent solution was to get a deep drawer to store all the small tupperware bowls and lids. If you have little ones you know how overwhelming this can be. When I unload the dishwasher I put together any bowls with lids and then throw them all in this drawer! It has been wonderful. I also keep it in the bottom cabinet so that the kids can pick out a snack bowl themselves. They love it! All other larger tupperware gets put together and stacked in another cabinet. Note: I always put the tupperware pieces together before I store them so I'm not looking for lids when it comes time to use them. (Now if the hubby does dishes this does not happen. ) This rule also applies to sippy cups too...valves and all!

Now for the Bonus:

Below is my solution to organizing all my pots & pan lids...you know the ones that we rarely use. I got my sorter from The Pampered Chef but you can find them just about anywhere. This keeps them from clanking together in the broiler drawer and they are easy to find the right size when I actually need one.


* Yes, you can see that my drawer is labeled by my wonder label machine (I told you I label everything!) But, this is so hubby knows what's in the drawer - because like he'll actually open the drawer to see for himself!!

6 comments:

Robin said...

Unfortunately for me, most of my storage comes inthe way of drawers rather than cabinets. But I do love this idea!

Meredith said...

Two new things to add to my yard sale list! Oh, and a label maker, too. My husband would be in heaven if our cabinets were organized and labeled like yours : )

Wendy said...

Great ideas, thanks! Those sippy cups can be so annoying with all their parts everywhere. I like to label everything too.

Gabriela said...

I love organization tips. Thanks! (I just got a label maker and am LOVING it!)

Nettie said...

After seeing everyone WWFMW tips I'm thinking I need a label maker, too!

Stacey said...

Great tips T. I really need one of those lids things!!