03 May 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things you probably never knew about ME!

1. I got my first job when I was 15, at a local pizza chain. During high school I became a manager at that lovely pizza shop and worked there for three years.

2. I then decided I wanted two jobs and started working at a local Subway shop. Bad idea, at that store I was robbed at gunpoint! A month later I decided to quit both jobs...

3. During that time I was a freshman in college attending Kent State University. I was taking Karate as my freshman PE requirement. When I didn't show up for class the next day, my Sensei thought I tried some new moves that she taught me on the robbers! (Not quite!) smile

4. I've attended (count them with me) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 colleges to get my 4 year degree in 12 years! I know nothing to brag about.

5. While attending the University of Akron (in Ohio for all you southerners) I was jumped by two men walking to a party. No serious harm - they were drugged out looking for cash and jewelry.

6. One of my greatest jobs was working for a rare book dealer who collected Illuminated Manuscripts from the Medieval and Renaissance period. We actually ended up with a manuscript that was stolen from the Vatican commissioned by the Italian poet Petrarch!

7. I have been most blessed to travel around the world since being with my one and only soul mate! Some places I've ventured include: New York, Chicago, Boston, Cleveland, Key West, Cancun, San Francisco, Denver, Breckenridge, San Diego, Oahu, Hawaii, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Cayman Islands, Maui, Hawaii, Paris, London, my fav- Notting Hill, Las Vegas, Napa Valley, Puerto Rico, San Antonio, Houston, Galveston, and Dallas, Memphis, and Hot Springs, of course!

8. I lost my original wedding rings and had to go to back to our jeweler and have new ones made. (He gave me a 10% discount on the new one at least!)

9. My great great grandpa, great great aunt and great great uncle are in the Guiness Book of World Records (1962) for the longest surviving triplets!! (Bet you didn't know I was famous.)

10. Two years ago this month I found out at 12 weeks that John and I had lost our baby. The baby is in heaven now and waiting one day for us to meet.

11. I love to play Golf. John and I use to be members of our country club back in Texas and played everyday after work (and weekends) until it got so dark we couldn't see the little white ball anymore. Boy, those were the days before kids huh?

12. Even though I call Texas home, I am originally from Ohio my first home. And, I still call coke "Pop" - because that's what it is...don't get me started!

13. When I was in High School it was one of the best and most important times in my life. My sisters still make fun of me for the following geek track record: I was our Class Treasurer my junior and senior year. I was on the Student Council for two years. I participated in cheerleading, soccer, basketball and our school musical (Oklahoma). And, I was voted on our "Senior Superlatives" as the student with the Best Student Class Spirit! Notice it wasn't most likely to Succeed!

So there you have it - 13 some interesting and not so interesting facts about T-Lo!




7 comments:

Wendy said...

Coke is definitely pop!

Robin said...

I call all cokes, coke, dr pepper etc, soda! YOu have had some very interesting jobs. Mine are all pretty boring. That's ok, I now lead the excited life of a secret agent as a SAHM.

Stacey said...

I remember calling it pop until I was about six and my uncle remarried. My Aunt was from Wisconsin and she got us all started calling it soda : )

Oh my goodness, #2 & #5 - Freaking me out!! I can't imagine!!

Great list!

Sarah said...

Wow, I knew I had a boring life, but this has definitely confirmed it! Don't tag me; I have nothing interesting compared to yours!! :)

boomama said...

That's a GREAT list. And I apologize on behalf of all southerners for calling any carbonated beverage a "coke." Or, as my mother-in-law says, "co-cola." :-)

Anonymous said...

How'd you lose your wedding rings? And you have more than one? Do you mean an engagement ring and wedding ring?
That's cool about the longest surviving triplets!

Theresa said...

Well Kat, My hubby and I were driving in the car and I took them off to put on some lotion (by placing them on my lap.) They were three separate pieces - one engagement band with two bands one on each side. We stopped at the gas station and I hopped out to get something inside. Not realizing I never put them back on my finger. About twenty mins. down the road I went to change the radio station and realized they weren't on my hand. We went back to the gas station and they were loooong gone. I checked back for a month, searched Ebay, etc. and nothing ever came up. It was a VERY sad day!!