30 May 2006

The Black Blob

This weekend was a little stressful needless to say. Two MAJOR things happened to me. First, since I didn't blog about it, I have to tell you that for Mother's Day/Anniversary present I got the Janome Memory Craft 3000! *drooling* I have been wanting a new computerized sewing machine since I left Texas last year. And, finally hubs pulled out all the stops and said, "go online and find the one you want and email it to me". Isn't he the best?

Now to my weekend, I was really dreading my hubby traveling to Dallas all week and all my season finale shows being over last week - but I made myself some big plans. After the girls go down it's all about blogging (working on a new look), surfing the web, and sewing!!

Well it all started Friday night when hubs says, "Honey, how did you crack your screen?" Huh? Only to remember that earlier in the evening our Pack-n-Play that was packed up fell over on my laptop while is was lying on the ground. The lid was closed but apparently it got a good whack. No problem right? I can still blog, send emails, surf, etc. Then, it wasn't until Sunday when my hubby asks me to hem some of his pants. YES! I get to try out the JMC 3000! *knuckles cracking* I prepare my area, turn on some tunes and sit down. Only to my surprise to see the presser foot disconnected and a shiny silver part laying on my machine....I immediately yell, "V-I-C-T-O-R-I-A!"

After a little conversation she admits that she "just pulled the strings" and now my machine is busted.

My week is starting to look very grim and the only two items in this house that actually make my days bearable are both busted. And the longer the laptop sits the bigger the black blob grows! Here is a pic of what it looks like today just to give you an idea. I constantly have to move my now minimized screens around just so I can read a complete sentence.To make a long and sad story short AND after a little tear jerking hubby comes through once again and finds a sewing machine repair store that is open on Sundays. So off we went. And to my surprise a $5.41 used shank later and my machine is working like a charm.

As for the laptop, it's turning into a darker and darker hole each time I open it. It still works but it just takes twice as long to get around.

* Sorry ya'll... either blogger or my said laptop is not allowing me to post a picture at this time. I'll try again later. UPDATE: Pic is posted...thank goodness for Firefox!

6 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

That is one scary looking screen. Sad, sad. I - we all - hate computer problems, and its only when they go out we realize how much we use/depend on them.

I belong to a group of women quilters/seamstresses. Just last year my husband made up for 25 years of valentines day gifts and bought me a pfaff. But most of my quilter girlfriends have janome's, either for their main sewing or one of those portable ones they carry to each other's houses. So - glad to hear you got one of two problems fixed - now if you could only program that janome to send email and do blog posts for you...

boomama said...

Oh my word! Your poor screen - and poor you! Do you think you can replace just the screen part?

And the sewing machine? Very cool. Sweet husband indeed.

Wendy said...

I love your sewing machine and glad to hear you got it fixed.

The screen is looking sad. Oh my.

Julie said...

Well I'm glad it's fixed. What are you going to whip up first (besides John's hemmed pants). Hey, I've got a growing pile of pants that neeed hemmed. Can I bring them over? J/K.

Addie said...

What a great mother's day gift! How fun! But that screen? Poor you. Are you getting a crick in your neck trying to see things?

best online pharmacy in USA said...

Thanks so much for the site, I found a lot of useful information for us.
Liked the good program. there is something to think about ...