29 May 2006

Where did my baby go? PART 2

It was just over a week ago that I posted this. After this mornings incident I thought it was only appropriate to have a Part 2 added!

Here's the scoop on how our family deals with early risers. Each weekend my hubby and I take turns getting up with the kids while the other tries to sleep in. You have to understand that our children wake up between 5:30 and 6:00 EVERY morning! Now, if you know what's good for you, please, do not tell me how late your children sleep in over in my comments section! You will just depress me even more.

So here we are at 5:45am. Claire is starting to wake up like she does every morning - crying! After a minute or two passes you hear her saying, "been-ty, been-ty" (aka = binky). And, sweet hubby pretends, ignores (which ever verbage you choose) that baby Claire is crying. After a couple of more minutes pass I mumble, "Daddy go get Claire". So Daddy sloooowly starts to get out of bed to get her. By this time, Claire's crying has turned to screeching! Finally, Daddy gets baby and brings her back into our bedroom and says, "Mom, guess where baby Claire was when I went in her room?" Now my heart is racing because there are only two places she could possibly be? In her crib OR out of her crib...

You guessed it! My JUST turned 15 mos. old YESTERDAY has crawled/climbed/fell out of her crib I'm sure to capture her most prized possession - the "been-ty"! I can just see her thinking to herself, "well if Mommy and Daddy aren't going to come in and get it for me, I'll just get it myself!"

I'm not even exactly sure why I am surprised? I mean this child's milestones have been nail-biting, earth-shakin', just downright scary!! I mean if she can crawl into a tub at 8 mos. what do you expect? Right?

Well today Daddy is traveling again and so I will be the lucky one to get her each and every morning out of her crib or off the floor! I just pray my little heart out, that this was a one time fluke and the side of the crib railing was not locked all the way somehow and she accidently fell out while reaching for her been-ty!

Okay, that may be a stretch...but for now, let's just say that's what happened...

6 comments:

Wendy said...

YIKES! I can see why that is scary.

I am with you on the early risers! My two girls wake up every morning between 5:30 and 6:00 for the day! It is crazy...way too early. I am always the one that gets up. Maybe we'll have to implement the every other day thing too. I can't remember the last time I slept until 7:00.

Have you had any lucky finding that baby gate?

Stacey said...

Oh the joys of having a second child!! I know just how scary it can be especially if your first didn't do any of those things!! She's gonna keep you on your toes girlie : )

Addie said...

I was just wondering when Robin was talking about Reese doing it, why Claire hadn't. I know she's younger, but I've also read about all of her other exploits, so it seemed like she would be doing it soon!

So sorry! (I won't even discuss the morning wake-up issue with you!) :)

Blackeyedsue said...

"Trying" to sleep in is the key word. We have the same problem. We finally decided that Mommy gets to sleep in BECAUSE DADDY is the one who introduced them to Saturday morning cartoons...He obviously wasn't sleeping. Our two-year old climbs into our bed EVERY morning at 4 o'clock. I usually get out of bed at 5:30 when the egg beater legs get to me.

Sounds like you have a baby monkey on your hands. We considered taking ours back to the hospital and telling them that we had a HUMAN baby...not a primate.

Wendy said...

Check out my post today! I think we are definitely in the same stage! YIKES!

Online pharmacy said...

Amazing web site good article.
Great information. This works great for me. Thanks for sharing this :)