15 May 2006

Where did my baby go?

So what age is it that babies actually move from being called a baby to a toddler? I guess it's time for me to confront this bittersweet change in my life and realize I technically have no more babies...

Little Miss Claire is running instead of walking, talking instead of cooing and eating instead of feeding. She holds her diaper and says 'tee-tee', when I ask her if she wants to go to time out she answers, "no". She says 'thank you' everytime you give her food or her sippy cup and starts to peel off her clothes if you ask if she wants a bath. She opens the pantry door when she wants a snack and says "binky" when she wants her pacifier. Today she was swimming in the pool with her big sister and just keeping up with no struggle at all. She chases the dogs around outside and calls them by name. She dances to anything that has a beat. She knows when we are going outside because she runs to get her shoes.

Here are her obviously late one year pictures. I can't believe how fast time flies...

Where did my baby go?







5 comments:

Wendy said...

These pictures are so cute! Time definitely does fly. Have you ever heard someone say.."The days are long, but the years are short"? I think that is a good way to describe it, the days can be long.

Robin said...

She looks like Reia did at one--short on hair! Just teasing. I know how you feel. I think the second one seems older faster simply b/c they want to do everything that the older one does, and actually do it! I think when they start toddeling is when they are called toddlers. So for Claire, at about 9 mos?

Stacey said...

She is getting big!! I remember when you visited and you were pregnant. Time just flies by, doesn't it?

Maybe it's time for the next one : )

Diane Viere said...

What a doll!

I'm not sure there is an age where your baby disappears! My daughter (25) just graduated from college last weekend and I sat in the audience weeping--as I remembered the many days gone by. Although she was clearly a fully grown married woman....participating in a college commencement...my heart viewed her with joy as I was so proud of my little girl!

Enjoy!

Diane

Addie said...

Ah, she's so cute. And she reminds me of all my kids and their hair! :D

But your right, she's not a baby anymore. No wonder you've been waxing all romantic about babies lately! :-)