20 May 2006

How amazing this thing called the blogosphere is??

I've always wondered why I started a blog? Obviously, what I have to say is not important, nor earth shattering. But, for some reason, every morning I wake up pop open my laptop and off I go - either to post about something that is meaningless or to read others great earth shattering news. But, yesterday for some reason it all came together as to why I do this. I read Rocks In My Dryer (as I normally do) and she asked us to visit MomRN2 and to pray for her daughter.

After visiting the her site I found myself in tears. How can I cry for someone I don't even know and never met? So, I said a prayer for her daughter then went to post a comment of encouragement. Unlike nothing I have ever seen I was the 100th commenter on her post! (Yes you read that right over ONE HUNDRED comments.) Then, it hit me. The reason I blog is because of all the deep connections and God loving mommies out there. I am amazed how so many people can come together across the country and abroad to support one another! This is earth shattering to me and unlike nothing I've ever seen before.

If you haven't already please go to MomRN2 at My Quiet Corner and offer some encouragement and prayers to her and her family. Because I believe this is why we are here.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing this. I have been reading about this family the last couple days, since you mentioned it. Wow, I can't imagine that. It has been wonderful to see how they are so supported by prayer, people they have never met. God is good and amazing, how he can turn beauty out of the worst moments.