Thirteen favorite Things about my CHILDHOOD!
1. Roller skating in our basement (yes, they have those in Ohio) to my dad's 8-Tracks, preferably Johnny Cash!
2. Christmas Eve making a bed on the floor upstairs in our bedroom for all four of us to sleep while Santa came. Then, waking up Christmas morning and having my big sister "block the view" of the living room (where the presents were) until we all went potty THEN we could go in the and see the presents under the tree together.
3. Playing outside on our cul-de-sac in our Underoos! (Boy, couldn't do that today could you!)
4. When the weather was bad, we would play this made up game indoors where everyone would lay down on a step at the bottom of the stairs while one person at the top would drop every blanket and pillow in the house and try to cover the bodies up. (Sounds silly but it was hours of genuine fun!!)
5. Mom making hot chocolate on the stove after playing for hours out in the snow.
6. Playing wiffle ball and kick ball on the circle with the neighborhood kids. And, usually one day each summer all the parents would come out and play with us!
7. Taking bath's with my sisters and covering each other's backs with lots of soap, drawing pictures and having the other guess what you were drawing!
8. Watching Shirley Temple every Sunday morning.
9. Staying the night at my Aunt's house on Saturday nights and going to church riding the bus and singing bible songs. (Do Lord was my favorite.)
10. Running errands with mom in the back of the ole' station wagon and singing songs for her with my brother and sisters.
11. Going to the neighborhood park (Trail's End) during the summer and participating in their Parks-n-Rec program.
12. Playing board games and cards with my brother and sisters. Our favorites: Uno, Life and Monopoly.
13. Playing 33's and 45's on the record player and singing non-stop! Boy, do I feel old now!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!