07 May 2006

A Little Slice of Heaven

I think I had a little slice of heaven today...first, let me preface this by giving you some history about my week. You may not know that hubby has been out of town the last four days working and looking for a new home for us back in Dallas. AND, visiting our best friends Robin and the family, AND eating Tex-Mex AND... okay back to my point. Needless to say, I have been a little restless this week. I love to get up and go with my kiddos but with the house on the market this takes a little more effort to do. I've got to pick up the house, lock up the dogs, and make sure everything is in "show" material. I have been taking care of the kiddos 24/7 by myself, feeding diapering, bathing, playing, and getting up at 5:30am every morning to my 3 yr. old saying, "Mom, get up it's light outside" -Ugh! Not to mention I was blogging and shopping online (for a house) very late, I mean very late EVERY night! So by the time Daddy gets home Saturday night I am put out.

So you ask, where is that slice of heaven? Well today hubby gets the "Best Husband Award"! First, he took the kids to Starbucks so mommy could sleep in! Rock on! Then I got ready and the family attended church service. I had an emotional morning singing and worshiping our God. I love those kind of services, don't you? Then, off to Caramba's for lunch. Okay, the little one was fussy so we eneded up getting mine to go. Then, here is where it really gets good...

Hubby tells me to go get my Spa Pedicure I had been wanting so I could get a break from the kiddos - sweet! So with my pink iPod and bottled water in tow I headed off to get my toes done. Oops, I almost forgot I need gas. (Just forget it took $56 bucks to fill up my tank at $3.14 gallon!) Meanwhile I run into a very nice couple from Texas at the pump. (I still have my Texas plates if your wondering how they knew) and we are carrying on a great conversation, I'm from Denton they're from San Antonio, blah, blah, blah. As I'm putting my gas cap back on the gentlemen walks up to me and says, "ma'am I'm so embarrassed to ask you this but do you have any spare change?" Not sure if it was the whole Fellowship Church shirt I was wearing and all but I told him I would have to check. Because as any of my close friends know, Theresa have cash? - LOL! At first I was a little irritated but then the Holy Spirit came over me. I mean how could I be so mean, here I am driving in my big nice car, paying over $50 to fill it up like it was nothing and I have NO spare change?? So, I kindly looked in my wallet and I actually had a five dollar bill. So, I walk over to him and give it to him and his wife. He says, "God Bless you ma'am, thank you, thank you"! How could I let a poor Texan down?

Sorry for the sidetrack but that story was part of my little slice of Heaven. After gettting in my wallet for the man's cash I noticed I had two gift cards burning in my wallet for Linens-N-Things. Thought to self, I have to make one pit stop before the nail salon! So, I'm walking into the store and my cell phone rings - it's our realtor!! Someone is in the area and wants to see our house - yahoo! After being on the market for ONE week we finally got a call. Do you think giving the Texas folks five bucks at the pump meant anything? I do. It wasn't even five minutes later that God answered my prayer for someone to come see the house. Luckily, John was there to do the quick pickup before they arrived.

So, elated I leisurely and kid-free hit the aisles and spend my lovely gift cards all on me. Now, I'm off too get my Spa Pedicure. After one hour I have bubble gum pink toes, with flowers made of gems and glitter polish and well massaged calves. (I would post a pic of the toes but after knowing many of you are not "feet-friendly folks" I'll leave it up to your imagination.)

To top my day off I make a stop at the local Starbucks for a Java Chip Frappaccino - ahhhh, utter bliss! So I drive home to some well rested kiddos, a rested hubby and a glowing Mommy! The evening was topped off with my favorite dish - pasta with homemade sauce, sprinkled with fresh Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and a new episode of Desperate Housewives. Did I mention my husband was gone for four days??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to get a pedicure lately (something I only do once a year or so!), but it just never seems to be the right time (or there's always something to do that is higher up the list). Fun to hear about, anyway. And congratulations on the first call to see your house. Exciting times.

Stacey said...

So was there a contract?? I hate being on stand-by when sellng your home!! You feel like you live in a glass house, don't you?

Glad you had such a wonderful day. I could use a good pedicure, too!!

Addie said...

What a great day that you SOO needed! I just love it when the guys get it right! :D Glad to hear there's some interest in the house. Hopefully things will move quickly for ya'll!