11 May 2006

My first attempt...

...at making a curtain all by myself and actually hanging it.

Okay, so in my last house I bought the material for the living room and my neighbor hemmed it for me. Not too hard to hang a swag-style curtain. Then, my friend Tiffany helped me make tie-on curtains for my master bedroom. If you could have seen my master bedroom wall-of-a-window you would know that this was a pretty challenging task. However, Tiffany and I did a fantastic job. Wish I had a picture of it. Anyways, Tiff basically taught me the basics of sewing (which I haven't done since about 9th grade) and since then I've been hooked. Now I have been making blankies, practice curtains with scrap material, just re-covered one of Claire's little chairs, made some pillows for Grandma Twyla to match her new chair (I felt very honored that she asked me to it for her) and finally a curtain all by myself!

I know it's not a big deal for some but the fact I:
1. picked out the fabric
2. decided what style to make
3. measured it right
4. hung it
5. it actually fit properly

...is a miracle in it's self. So below is a picture of my little accomplishment this week.

*And, now that we are selling the house I hope the new owners truly enjoy it!

8 comments:

Addie said...

Beautiful job! I still need to do that around here.

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Stacey said...

Great job Theresa!!

Robin said...

You go girl! I have tons of projects just waiting on me...

Diane Viere said...

You are so talented!

Diane

boomama said...

I am mighty impressed! I have a sewing machine - can't do a thing in the world with it, though. But I'm starting to feel inspired... :-)

Wendy said...

Good job, it looks great!

Theresa said...

Thanks everybody you made me feel so proud! *smiles*