22 May 2006

A Sister's Love is the sweetest thing...

I just love my two little girls.

They are the sweetest things since sliced bread.

I watch them play all day long and Victoria is the best big sister. Claire climbs in her lap everytime she has a Dora the Explorer book and Victoria reads it to her. She literally has the books memorized - it's amazing her 3 year old brain. She also shares her sippy cups and makes sure Claire gets one too. She comes with me to put her to bed and brings her a special toy so "she won't cry". Then, crawls under her crib to find all her binky's she dropped from the night before. When she hears her wake up in the morning and says, "Mom, go get Claire she's crying!" She also checks all day long to see if she has a poopy butt, when she does she RUNS to get the diaper, the wipes and her diaper cream. She is the best big sister ever.

But, for some reason this morning I thought this was the sweetest thing ever. So simple but sweet as can be.

This morning the girls were outside playing and Victoria comes in the house and says, "Mom I'm going to wash Claire's binky because she dropped it in the dirt". Then, moments later she came back in the house and said, "Mom, I've gotta get a tissue cuz Claire's nose is running."

I looked outside and Victoria is holding the handle of Claire's binky in her mouth and using her other two hands, one to hold the back of her head and the other to wipe her nose!! Now, how sweet is that? It just made my heart melt.

Now, I'm not sure if it was something I was suppose to be doing, but I sure do think it was the sweetest thing I ever saw.

* For all you skeptics, this really did happen and I know that this will not last forever and the girls will have their moments and days of not sharing but I sure am enjoying this moment today.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

That is sweet. It is wonderful to see things like that. I write those things down and then read them when they are having not so sweet moments.

Stacey said...

That is too cute!! What a good little mommy she is, you must be doing something right : )

Addie said...

I just love having girls for this reason! Mine do many of the same things and I love it! Mine do fight, but they also have their adorably sweet moments and I love it.

boomama said...

I would've cried. And then laughed. And then cried again. :-) They're modeling you - which has to be a huge encouragement that you're doing your job well!

Blackeyedsue said...

I am not skeptical at all. I have two that love each other that much. We are lucky women.

Our two little ones can't live without each other, so how little house on the praire is this...they share a queen bed. They are both snugglers, so we figured why not, they can snuggle each other.

Gotta love the sisters.

Anonymous said...

That's lovely to hear. Thanks for sharing it!