21 September 2006

The word is out...

A few months ago I posted this and this about some "female issues" that were going on in my little body. Then, after having the cat scan done and getting the automated message on my machine that Saturday morning that everything was "normal", I thought I was out of the woods. But, I just found out three weeks ago after talking to the doctor face-to-face that the cat scan was not exactly normal.

In a nut shell, the radiologists report said that they did see something on my right and left ovaries but it was "umremarkable". Which I'm going to guess in medical language that means they can't tell what "it" exactly is.

After finding this out, you could say I was a tad upset. In a matter of months it went from your okay to oh, there really is something there we just can't tell what it is from the images.

Next step? Well it was to run more follow-up tests to see if there had been any changes in these so called "nodules" that they were seeing.

Then comes along this new doctor (an OB/GYN that I tried to get in to see months before) says it's a solid mass on my right ovary and "it needs to be removed."

That was three weeks ago...and now today, I am one week away from going into surgery.

Of course, it gets a little more complicated. Since I have had two prior c-sections the doctor says he may have some trouble reaching it. Which means laparoscopic surgery may not work! And, according the the radiologists reports the mass is embedded in my ovary (hence the reason they were having trouble seeing it from the tests).

We won't know until I'm in surgery if he can reach it laparoscopically and if he can't, then I will have open surgery and the ovary will have to be completely removed. *sigh*

So, why am I telling you all this personal stuff? Well after mentioning this on a few blogs, people were slowly figuring it out and a few starting commenting on my own blog about it. Sooooo, I felt a little obligated to my bloggity friends to share my news.

Plus, I know y'all are some serious prayer warriors! I have seen God do his work in this blogosphere many-o-times. And, let me tell you, it's amazing stuff! So tonight when you're saying your prayers (for all those others that have way bigger issues than I) can you add me to your list?

Please pray that next Thursday the surgery will be the easier of the two and that whatever they are removing that it's benign and all my little female issues will go away.

Thanks y'all and good night!

16 comments:

Wendy said...

Praying for you here too. Thanks for sharing.

boomama said...

You know I'll be praying...and I haven't forgotten about sending you pictures. But this week - oh, T-Lo, this week has been madness. :-)

And I'm so glad you put this info "out there" - you can never have too many people praying!

Love,
Me

GiBee said...

T - I've gone through the exact same thing. I had a "tumor" the size of a tennis ball on one of my ovaries that was part fluid and part solid mass. They took it out with Lap, only to have emergency surgery 6 mos. later for a cyst the size of a grapefruit on my other ovary. They had to open me up ... bikini cut. Not great, but not too bad.

Having been there, done that, I can empathize with you, and understand the worry you may have. Remember that you are in the hands of the Master Healer. I will be praying for you!

Hugs!

Brenda said...

I'm praying and adding you to my list.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I've been through some of the same issues that culminated in a hysterectomy when I was 35. It was the right thing for me, but I realize you may not be ready for that.

I'll be praying for you that God's will be done, and for no complications and a rapid recovery.

"Fear not, for I am with thee..."

Julie said...

Praying for you. Anything I can do to help? Keep the girls? Bring dinner? Is it outpatient or will you have to stay overnight?

Barb said...

It's so scarey when they see something but don't know what it is. You're absolutely right, though. There will be a lot of people out here praying for you, me included.

Kelley said...

I will definitely pray for your surgery & recovery, Theresa. Let us know how it goes...

Tammy said...

I will be praying for you!
Yes, I am amazed at how God works though the prayer warriors around here!

God bless...and know that many of will be praying for you in the next week!

Lyric said...

You can count on my prayers. I'll be checking back to see how you're doing. May you be surrounded by His peace.

Lyric said...

You can count on my prayers. I'll be checking back to see how you're doing. May you be surrounded by His peace.

Addie said...

Girl - You know I'm praying for you! Much Love to you!

-Ad

Shawna said...

I am sorry you are having to go through this. I will definitely be praying and waiting to hear the results. God bless you.

Stacey said...

I will be praying for you for sure! Like I said in my email, I can watch the girls, bring dinner or just come and sit with you for a day. Please let me know if there's anything at all I can do to help!!

on the Rock said...

Lifting you up in my thoughts and prayers too.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Absolutely I'll be praying. xoxo