04 September 2006
Moms and Dads for Modesty
Today Jules over at Everyday Mommy is implementing the idea of "Moms and Dads For Modesty". This is an effort to wake up retailers across the country and help them realize that we want our girls to be girls and dress like little girls! Since being a mother of two daughters myself, I am beginning to see how this is becoming a big issue. My oldest has moved into sizes 4T - 5 and it is getting harder and harder to find the "appropriate" clothes for her to wear.

So please help us take a stand and join this "on-line petition" to address the subject of modesty and help us the parents keep our little girls dressing like little girls!

If you agree with the below ideas, stop over at her blog and make sure you sign her petition. Then, grab the new button and post it proudly in your sidebar.

Below are the basic principles that she has setup as guidelines for us to follow:

  • As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
  • I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
  • I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
  • I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
  • I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

If the above guidelines are something you are in agreement with then head over to Jules' site or mine here and display it on your blog. If you grab the icon from here please be sure to link the button back to Jule's post.




  posted at 10:47 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I would sign it because I'm all for it but I don't have any little girls.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous wRitErsbLock said...

I wish it were so simple. As a step-mom, I am so frustrated at the prostitute-like clothing her mother buys for her. It's amazing how many outfits "disappear" out of the laundry at our house.

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Brenda said...

I'll be linking. It's a battle worth fighting.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

I actually went and signed it even though I don't have little girls at home. Plus, I wrote me own little post about the whole thing!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

For those with older girls, there's a refreshing blog called www.therebelution.com that takes a counter-culture stance on such topics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name: Theresa

Location: The great state of Texas

I'm a Christ follower, wife, mama, daughter and sister. I am married to my best friend and we have two precious girls ages 6 and 4. We are happily living in Texas. I love sewing, photography, new running shoes, iced tea and never turn down Tex-Mex. I love spending time with my family, traveling, football season and most importantly, I love to laugh.

My complete profile

Twitter Updates

Sites I Cruise & Use
Ebay Shopping
Everyday with Rachel Ray
Agapeland Music
Twin Sisters
Jeweler Matthew Trent
Fellowship Church
Family Watchdog

Search This Blog

 

Previous Posts
  • Will you be my doctor please?
  • This doesn't surprise me
  • The Tinkerbell party was a hit
  • Pixie Dust and all that stuff
  • The Maker's Diet
  • Oh the Techie-ness!
  • Just a warning y'all...
  • Little Secret
  • Artist maybe?
  • Works-For-Me-Wednesday

  • Blogrolls
    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Miscellaneous


    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Archives
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • July 2009
  • March 2011
  • August 2011

  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Photo from:
    istockphoto