So please help us take a stand and join this "on-line petition" to address the subject of modesty and help us the parents keep our little girls dressing like little girls!
If you agree with the below ideas, stop over at her blog and make sure you sign her petition. Then, grab the new button and post it proudly in your sidebar.
Below are the basic principles that she has setup as guidelines for us to follow:
- As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
- I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
- I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
- I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
- I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.
If the above guidelines are something you are in agreement with then head over to Jules' site or mine here and display it on your blog. If you grab the icon from here please be sure to link the button back to Jule's post.