04 September 2006

Moms and Dads for Modesty

Today Jules over at Everyday Mommy is implementing the idea of "Moms and Dads For Modesty". This is an effort to wake up retailers across the country and help them realize that we want our girls to be girls and dress like little girls! Since being a mother of two daughters myself, I am beginning to see how this is becoming a big issue. My oldest has moved into sizes 4T - 5 and it is getting harder and harder to find the "appropriate" clothes for her to wear.

So please help us take a stand and join this "on-line petition" to address the subject of modesty and help us the parents keep our little girls dressing like little girls!

If you agree with the below ideas, stop over at her blog and make sure you sign her petition. Then, grab the new button and post it proudly in your sidebar.

Below are the basic principles that she has setup as guidelines for us to follow:

  • As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
  • I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
  • I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
  • I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
  • I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

If the above guidelines are something you are in agreement with then head over to Jules' site or mine here and display it on your blog. If you grab the icon from here please be sure to link the button back to Jule's post.



5 comments:

Stacey said...

I would sign it because I'm all for it but I don't have any little girls.

Anonymous said...

I wish it were so simple. As a step-mom, I am so frustrated at the prostitute-like clothing her mother buys for her. It's amazing how many outfits "disappear" out of the laundry at our house.

Anonymous said...

I'll be linking. It's a battle worth fighting.

Stacey said...

I actually went and signed it even though I don't have little girls at home. Plus, I wrote me own little post about the whole thing!

Kelley said...

For those with older girls, there's a refreshing blog called www.therebelution.com that takes a counter-culture stance on such topics.