19 September 2006

Works-For-Me-Wednesday


Happy Fall Y'all! I thought since Halloween is approaching and I'm hosting a "Blog-O-Lantern" online contest I figured I would share one of my tips for carving pumpkins. Okay, maybe two tips!

First, sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg or cloves on the bottom of the lid. Then, when you light your pumpkin...ta-dah, instant fall air freshner!

Second, try cutting the lid from the bottom of the pumpkin instead of the top where the stem is located. This makes it much easier and safer to light your pumpkin.

Now get your thinking caps on and start strumming up your ideas for the "Blog-O-Lantern" pumpkin carving contest and win a prize here from Bullfrogs and Butterflies!

And most importantly, don't forget to stop over at Shannon's to get more awesome tips!

9 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Wow, I never thought about putting spices on the pumpkin lid. I bet that smells like pie, and I'm definitely going to give it a try this year!

Unknown said...

Two great suggestions. Thanks!

Amy said...

I love these tips- thank you. Perfect timing as we are going to the pumpkin patch next week :)

Tammy said...

Fun tips- thank you! And what a fun idea- blog-O-Lantern! :)

(I did my second ever WFMW today...)

Nettie said...

I love the cinnamon on the lid idea!

Rae said...

Thanks for the tips... I love carving pumpkins, and the cinnamon idea is wonderful! I'll have to try to remember your Blog-O-Latern contest.

Stacey said...

Can't wait to see all the pumpkins!!

I've been thinking about what I'm going to create already : )

Kelley said...

Both ideas are awesome, Theresa! I always hate the smell of rotting pumpkin, so the spices should really help mask that. Also, I never would have thought to cut the hole in the bottom, but now that you mention it, it makes a LOT of sense! thanks!

Shawna said...

Now those are two good tips that I would not have thought of. Thanks!