13 June 2006

WFMW









Well thanks to BooMama I now know how to get images off the web and into my blog!

It seems as though the ideas or tips that I think are lame actually do some good use for others. So here is another quick quirky tip.


My dad always taught me this...when you go to any of the fast food drive thru's ask for extra napkins! (If you don't already.) My dad always said to put the extras in the glove box of your car. I know this sounds way lame-o but trust me it is a life saver. How many times do you have a runny nose and have no kleenex? How many times do you spill something and have nothing to wipe it up? You can keep those wipes or kleenex box around but how many times are they dried up or can't find them while driving?

Bottom line, most of us can reach the glove box while driving or someone in the passenger seat can get it. My husband does this now, and I HATE it when I run out of my napkin stash!! It totally WORKS FOR ME!!

14 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

SMART idea!
Did you know that a lot of fast food places are now trying to reduce the number of napkins you can take? Obviously the people who thought that up never had kids who ate "drive-through food!"

Stacey said...

I always stick extra napkins in the glove box. Makes perfect sense to me!!

Amy said...

great tip, thanks!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Love the simplicity of this and what a great idea. a little rough on the nose but will sure do in a pinch and better than the alternative, which is nothing! My husband uses them to check the oil since he, first of all, actually checks the oil when he pumps gas, and his pet peeve is that there are no paper things there to check it. Apparently there used to be - I wouldnt know since I dont check oil, which is why he does!

Blackeyedsue said...

Okay that is nuts that they are trying to reduce the amount of napkins you get. I need them ALL!!!

We do this and it has been a lifesaver. Thanks for putting it out there Theresa!

Sandra said...

Okay I would never have thought of doing this, but you're so right....there's been times that we are in the car and the kids make a mess or have a runny nose and I have NOTHING to use. Thanks for such a great tip :)

Mine is up too!!!

Diane Viere said...

Love the simplicity of your idea! I have been a napkin horder since my children were little. It is a hard habit to break--but one that comes in handy more often than not.

Diane

Glass Half Full said...

Good minds think alike...

I do the same thing! Our van has a drawer underneath the passenger's seat and I always stash extra napkins there.

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Good idea! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings

Brenda said...

My husband teases me because I always take my unused napkins with me from the restaurant when we eat out. If I left them on the table, they'd get tossed into the trash anyway, and I'm not going to waste them myself. The stash comes in handy for a lot of things, especially when you drive thru with a carload of kids and they don't put enough napkins in the bag.

Addie said...

My mom does this and I've always thought it was a great idea. But I rarely remember to do it! Maybe I will...now! :-)

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Hear, hear! From a fellow napkin junkie. I just outright tell the waiter/order taker, "We're messy."

Thanks for the potty training tip on my blog!

Laurie said...

Who can't use another napkin. When I visited my sister in the Philippines you could only get one teeny tiny tissue even with eat with your fingers foods. Ug.

Girl Raised in the South said...

2nd comment here - hope thats allowed. three times this week I'e grabbed extra napkins from your WFMW. Thanks for the tip - had to use one to replace kleenex today.