06 June 2006

She's talking now

It seems as though Claire's vocabulary has been picking up quite rapidly these past two weeks. Recently, she is saying diaper, cookie, poopee, and today well it's Popsicle! Well of course she says these words with her own pronunciation but nonetheless she is attempting to say them.

Now for my confession...I guess (okay I HAVE) been blogging/spending too much time on the computer. Our mornings consist of breakfast, coffee, kids out in the pool and mama on her computer. This all happens before the clocks sing their Westminster Chime at a lovely 7:00 in the morning!

Once they start to get restless outside, (and I'm not through my bloglines yet) mama says, "want a popsicle?" Then, we have happy children and a happy mommy for at least the next 15 minutes. This morning was like no other except for the fact that baby Claire came in through the screen door saying "popiple"! My mouth dropped! Of course, one minute later and a quick video for Daddy (and ya'll) both girls have a "popiple" and outside again.

Now, before you start judging me about giving my kids popsicles before 9:00am I must say they have already been up for at least 4 hours and that constitutes "snack time" at 9:00. Also, I usually buy the sugar-fee kind (except these Otter things were on sale two for one) AND well it is already 100 degrees here in the desert at that time in the morning.

So there you have it. :)

Here is my sweet girl...trying to ask for a popsicle.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too cute! No judging going on over here!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Too too cute. I can't believe how quickly she's growing up.

boomama said...

So sweet. I usually fill up a sippy cup with Sprite around 9:30 or 10 - that way I get a little peace while he drinks his treat and watches something on Noggin - so you get NO popsicle judgement from me. :-) Whatever works, my friend.

Wendy said...

That is so cute! No judging here either.

Diane Viere said...

No judgement here...anything that allows momma to blog a little longer...is called "Brilliant!"

What a darling you have there....I'm sure the temptation to blog is not too strong being with her!

Diane

Stacey said...

That was so cute!! I can't believe she's talking so much already.

I'm right there with you on the popsicle before 9 here in the desert heat!!

the lizness said...

I'm thinking "I want a popicle"

Robin said...

I certainly won't judge. My kids get about 3 a day for that very same reason!