08 June 2006
Thursday Thirteen (a little late!)
This morning started off like no other because I had an abdominal and pelvic CATScan scheduled at 8:45am.
Since I have never had one done before I wasn't sure what to expect. All I knew was that I had to fast (no food OR drink) starting at midnight last night AND that I had to drink some Barium Sulfate before I went to bed and this morning when I woke up...
Hence, Thirteen Things why I NEVER want to have a CATScan done ever again!
1. You cannot eat or drink not even water after midnight the night before. Yes, this meant no coffee in the morning - ugh!
2. The Barium Sulfate was the worst "Creamy Vanilla Smoothie" I ever had to drink. Nice advertising by the Rx company but it tasted NOTHING like it.
3. Waking up the morning of the appointment to drink yet another 450ml of liquid chalk!
4. Arriving at the appointment and being told, "oh, didn't I tell you yesterday you're not suppose to come back here for your appointment?" Me: "No!" Then me to self: "and you better not tell me I have to reschedule and drink the gallons of liquid chalk all over again!"
5. Stopping at new office in restroom to get sick for 15 minutes. And, I'm not talking about vomit.
6. Checking in at the front desk...
Receptionist: "How many Barium's have you drank so far?"
Me: (Proudly) "Two".
Receptionist: Oh, okay you have to drink ANOTHER ONE.
Me: (no words, well that can be typed here anyway)
7. Downing another 450ml of liquid chalk that Rx company has now claimed "Berry Smoothie". For the record, it was not anywhere close.
8. Laying down on the CATScan machine and having the radiologist tell you that you need to have an IV with Iodine for contrast.
9. Radiologist then continuing on to say, "Now I'm going to put a solution in the IV to make sure the IV is clear and working. You may feel a little funny and a bad taste in your mouth."
10. Just 20-30 seconds later 'feeling funny' and like I have to go to the bathroom. (See number #5).
11. Watching the machine go back and forth over your mid-section and having the machine tell you to breathe...hold your breath...breathe for longer than you want or can.
12. After the test, having the radiologist tell you, "drink lots of water so you can get all that iodine out of your kidneys".
13. Then, quickly exiting the CATScan room and running to the closest public restroom to once again relieve more Barium Sulfate.
AND my added one...
(14.) Waiting for the results?????