18 June 2006

Disclaimer and a party




I know I haven't posted for a few days but let me just throw out a little disclaimer before I post for today. Hubby has officially started his new position at work which means he'll be on the road again travelling all week. Oh, it's deja Vu all over again. Hence, the reason we moved to Phoenix so he wouldn't have to travel. With that being said, we will back to our old routine. I take care of the kids by myself 24/7 all week long and then our weekends are devoted to family time. That is before he is back on the plane again to some lovely city.

Therefore, my blogging will most likely be scarce on the weekends due to aforementioned and possibly during the week from being "burned out".


So, off to Wal-Mart for cake ingredients and possibly some Spiderman serving ware. However, it seems as though Spiderman has become extinct and the new craze is SUPERMAN! But, as we continued to shop I found the PERFECT theme - Pirates of the Carribean!! Oh, yes by far one of hubby's favorite all time movies (I can't tell you how many times he's watched it) but the decision was made. P of the C it is! (Apparently, the second one comes out on July 7th, so I'm sure that's why they had it.)

Although, I wasn't very excited about making this cake. I wasn't thrilled about drawing a cake with pirate ships or skulls so I had to think of something else.

Nonetheless, it was a surprise for Daddy...so V. helped make the icing colors and then set the table with our new "themeware" while I finished decorating the cake. She made everyone juice in the cups with my recipe (3 parts water, 1 part juice.) Ugh, that was not fun to drink! Anyhoo, it was a total surprise and V. was estatic. Unfortunately, Claire was already in bed by this time.

We finished the cake in record time, however, it wasn't one of my better cakes I must say. I didn't have a lot of time and V. needed to go to bed.

BUT, the the best moment was when V. asked, "Daddy, is this the best birthday party you ever had?" It was priceless!

2 comments:

boomama said...

It looks great! WAAAAAY better than our chocolate cake that fell in the center (but was, nonetheless, pretty tasty). Hope y'all had a great day! :-)

Stacey said...

I think it looks great T!! You could start your own cake business : )

Seth's party is coming up, it's Elmo. I was thinking one big Elmo cake or little elmo cupcakes. Any ideas for me??