03 April 2006

Poo, Vomit and Pee (a tribute for HolyMama!)

Last Wednesday we closed on the house and that's when it all began...

Victoria gets Strep throat, you knew that. But, what you didn't know is that Grandma Twyla was in town to help watch our little angels and visit while we moved in the new house. Well, when I get back from the doctor's office and pharmacy - GT (as we call her for short) tells me she is sick, has a headache and just vomited and, that she needed to go lay down for awhile. She also mentions that she can't remember the last time she ever vomited? Great! I'm so glad she flew ALL the way from Tennessee to Phoenix (with a 7 hr. layover in Dallas I might add) so she could get sick and vomit at our house. I'm going to guess that arriving at 2:15am at the airport and getting back to the house at 4:00am had nothing to do with it? Oh, and then the two of us waking up at 7:15am with the girls?

Well things just spiraled from there. Claire gets Strep this past Monday you knew that. But, what you didn't know is that the doctor put her on a new antibiotic for Strep (different from Victoria's) and it gave her the worse case of diarrhea you have ever seen. To add to the chaos, she got the worse diaper rash I have ever seen! Almost bloody blister-like! Poor baby!!

Are you ready for more?? Here is how Friday went down after watching four little ones (all under the age of three) for three straight days and two little ones trying to recover from such horrid Strep symptoms. To make this easier we'll call them Baby 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Baby one wakes up with a blow-out. All over the clothes too. After changing her diaper I decide to let her diaper rash "air-out" while I run upstairs to get a new change of clothes, more diapers and more butt cream. Here is the conversation with Baby 3 five minutes prior...

Baby 3 - "I want a sandwich"
Me - "It's breakfast time, how about having some toast?"
Baby 3 - "No, I want a sandwich" (whining voice)
Me - "Let's save our sandwiches for lunch and just have toast right now?"
Baby 3 - Nooooo, I waaaant a sandwich!"
Me - "Fine, do you want a cheese and mayonaise sandwich?" (After repeating 3-4 times I gave up and let him have a sandwich)
Baby 3 - Nods yes...big smiles :-)

I make the sandwich and he takes one bite...he looks up at me and starts CRYING!...what could possibly be wrong??

Baby 3 - "I want toast!" Me - Ugh!!!

So, I'm upstairs getting Baby 1 clothes, I hear my retriever mix barking and I look out the window and my Jack Russell is running across the street! Apparently, the little sucker can squeeze underneath the RV gate and escape!

I find some clean clothes and grab the diapers...then I here and echo of "OH NO!" coming from Baby 3, then I hear Baby 2 screaming up the stairs, "Mama! (Baby 1) poo-pooed all over the wood and all over the carpet!!"

How long have we been in the new house? 5 Days! Approximately, how long was Baby 1 "airing-out"? 2 minutes!

I come down the stairs to find out not only is diarrhea all over but she is playing in the poo with a toy tamborine in hand!! Needless to say, the poo was smeared in the carpet and all over her body! (Now I'm thinking about vomiting).

I carefully carry Baby 1 into the half bath with poo smeared all over my shirt and neck now. I realize she doesn't fit too well in the little pedestal sink so I set her down for TWO SECONDS to grab some towels to head to the kitchen sink. I turn around to find her peeing on the floor! First thought, is this REALLY happening? It's not even 10am!

Meanwhile, I still here Dog 1 barking because Dog 2 has escaped!

sO, I take Baby 1 to the kitchen to clean her off with the spray hose while Baby 4 is asking for crac-ker, crac-ker - sip-py, sip-py? I finally get Baby 1 cleaned, dressed and down for a nap while I'll get myself into clean clothes. Things seemed to calm down for a short while as I turned on Noggin for some sanity!! (Thank you hubby for getting the new channels.) With a spare moment, I fix lunch and get Baby 1 and Baby 4 down for naps while Baby 2 and Baby 3 are very quietly playing in the playroom.


Ahhhh, peace for two minutes!! Finally, I start to fix me lunch and sit down to shovel some food in before I pass out while simultaneously deciding whether I should let Baby 2 and Baby 3 skip quiet time and just let them play in the playroom quietly. Here's what transpired after that thought...

Coming from the playroom:

Baby 2 - Screaming, "Mama!"

Me - "What?" (irritably)

Baby 2 - "(Baby 3)..... colored all over the furniture!!"

Me - Screaming, Whaaaat!

Only to walk in the playroom and find Baby 3 hiding, AND blue crayon colored all over Baby 1's new hot pink Pottery Barn chair!!

HolyMama - this one's for you!

What's that phrase? TGIF!

8 comments:

Addie said...

Oh, Theresa! I'm so sorry, but I actually started laughing in the middle of this at the insanity! You poor, poor thing! Hope today is going Way Better!

Robin said...

Even though I had heard this directly from your mouth--I'm still laughing my rear off. Sorry, but I love ya!

Stacey said...

Oh theresa, so sorry to hear about all of this going on in the new house!! I hope you're having a much better day today. I'll say a quick prayer for ya!!

You never mentioned anything else about the dog? Did you ever get him back?

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. and the dog! the dog!! i'm so worried about the dog! and theresa, you're such a neat queen, so i know that made it harder on you! Oh, I'm so sorry!

HolyMama, honored by the bloggy poo post!

Julie said...

I'm thinking you weren't too worried about the dog now, where you? Admit it... :-) Mark is giving me strange looks because I'm laughing so hard milk almost came out my nose - mostly at the image of Claire playing PooPoo Tamborine :-)

Stacey said...

That's really cute Julie... I can imagine the milk coming out of your nose!!

Theresa, did you not really like the dog in the first place? I didn't understand what Julie's comment meant.

Shawna said...

Oh my, I am so sorry. How's that for a welcome to a new home! I'm guessing you'll be retelling this one for years!

boomama said...

Oh, T-Lo - that is awful, just awful.

How did I miss this post the first time around, I wonder?

Praying for you....alg