24 April 2006

Brokeback and broken-up

Okay, I got sucked into all the hoopla at Oscar time as I mentioned earlier back in March. But, I finally broke down (no pun intended) and rented Brokeback Mountain against my husband's wishes I might add. Although I must say that I was terribly disappointed...I do have to mention that I do have an open mind about gay/lesbianism (please no comment bashing.) Unless you have had a gay family member die of AIDS then you tend to have a little different perspective.

With that being said, my interest was peeked. However, after seeing the interviews on Oprah and some news about it I DID NOT realize there was a particular scene that I could have done TOTALLY without. I must have been real naive but I thought they just showed a little kissing. I mean come on we see it on TV all the time (Desperate Housewives, Will & Grace, etc.)

Why am I blogging about it? Well, despite that the fact it was suppose to be revolutionizing I do not recommend it. There was great scenery and that's about it.

However, I followed it up with a great movie I do recommend called The Notebook such a chick flick!! Hilarious, heart-warming, romantic, just an all around great flick! I'm sure everyone has seen it already but I'm always behind on the movie curve.

So in a nutshell, don't go broke on Brokeback but definitely take a look at The Notebook!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Honestly, I had no interest in Brokeback. Glad to hear it wasn't anything I can't live without seeing.

Loved the Notebook though!! The first time I saw it I couln't understand why everyone had been so emotional watching it. The second time I got it and I cried, too!!

Anonymous said...

i haven't seen either, but will take your advice!

Addie said...

I didn't realize there was anything other than kissing either. hmm.

LOVED the notebook! I had read the book a few years before. I thought the movie did a great job with the story.