18 April 2006

OCD and loving it!

Addie has challenged me to let my freak flag fly. She has tagged me with a meme to list 6-8 weird things about myself. Since many of you know I am pretty obsessive compulsive as it is, I will try to keep my "weird list" under 11!!

Here she goes...

1. I have to curl my eyelashes before putting on mascara. Okay, the weird part? I always count up to 12 seconds and make sure I curl the other side just as long.

2. I love to be organized...therefore all throughout the day I do little OCD things in my house. For example, I am continually picking up toys off the floor instead of walking over them and carrying them to their exact place/home. Or, I'll walk pass the couch only to find myself straightening the pillows first. Also, if there is a dish sitting on the table or counter I have to pick it up and put it in the sink before I can do anything else. Etc, Etc, Etc.

3. I have to do all my laundry in an orderly fashion. All the girls clothes have to be washed together, John and I clothes must be washed together and the towels and bibs have to be washed together. And, finally all sheets get washed together. It has to be this way or I get real stressed out if they get mixed up.

4. During the day I can't have any lights on in the house. As long as there is daylight, that will be the light I use. I hate artificial light unless it's necessary, like during the evening of course!

5. Everything has to have a home, i.e. remotes, shoes, medicines, dish towels. And, it has to be stored in a place that it is easily accessible. If it's not, I have to stop what I'm doing and find it a home. *this has been a little challenging (ok, extremely challenging) since moving three times in 10 months. Needless to say, I've have felt like a train wreck since moving.

6. I cannot read just one email and then stop to do another task. I either read ALL emails at once or none at all.

7. Similar to Addie's post, I have freak out awakings at night that scare the heck out of my hubby. I partly awaken to a smoke detector light or corner of the door jam (especially happens in unfamiliar places) and I think it is some sort of Arachnid coming at me. I will be partially awake and make a spider out of some sort of the object I'm seeing. At that time I will throw off the covers and jump frantically out of the bed as to escape. Then, my hubby will meanfully yell at me (which will awake me completely from my slumber) and tell me to go back to sleep. I believe these are sometimes referred to as night terrors.

8. Like Boomama, I have to have moisturized lips at ALL times. It doesn't help that I'm allergic to the sun on my lips either. But, there has to be somekind of tube, jar, stick, of some sort in my kitchen drawer, living room, car, desk, nightstand, bathroom(s), purse and any other place I think I might need one.

9. All appliances, rugs, chairs, pictures, wall hangings, light fixtures have to be straight. If not, I have to stop what I'm doing to straighten them. And if I can't do it myself I have to get someone immediately to fix it. (Julie witness this last week at my house with the light fixture in my nook- by the way the builder is ordering me a new one.) This includes only being a 1/2 inch to 1" off. I also called the light company back out last week to straighten the light bulb in the outside front light fixture because I couldn't reach it and like I said it was crooked!

10. Any kind of crumbs or food have to be wiped off my kitchen counters (and the baby's highchair) as soon as I discover it. Not so OCD about the floors only the kitchen counters.

11. I CANNOT go anywhere in public without a bra on. This includes going down the street or to the mailbox. Even if I will be staying in my car and I know I won't be seeing anyone I must have one on. *I'm sure I will be doing the public a huge favor as well with this one.

Like I said I'm a little OCD (ahem!), but I love it. I wouldn't change a thing. Call me weird, but just remember I stopped at 11! (smiles)

5 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Did you know there is medication out there for you??? :)

I bet your recent move went without a hitch! Congrat's on getting settled...and God Bless you in your new home.

Isn't it great how each of us have been created uniquely different, yet in His image!?!?!? My lack of OCD balances your high performance OCD...which totally reflects a perfect balance of God. Although--God must be a little OCD...he did alot in just 7 days! :)

Diane

boomama said...

Were we separated at birth? Except for your #4 and #7, I am completely on board with your list. Only I just count to 10 when I curl my eyelashes. :-) And you have moved three times in 10 months? That would send my OCD into overdrive.

And thank you for following Addie's lead with the "letting my freak flag fly" comment - CRACKS ME UP. :-)

Stacey said...

I'm with you on #6 - I have to read all emails in the inbox at one time.

Oh I forgot to post about #7 in my blog. I don't get scared I just do some crazy stuff : )

Julie said...

Right there with you on the OCD stuff. That reminds me, next time I'm over I want to see your organized (and reorganized) recipes. Mine are a mess and I need a good idea.

It could be worse. My future sister in law alphabetizes her canned goods...you don't do that do you?????

Addie said...

I need you to come organize my house! :)

So we're the ones that no one wants to room with at a Ladies Retreat, huh?!? And I love your number 11. You know the moment you decide to go out with out one, you will get in some sort of accident or see someone you know.

Thanks for doing this, I just love getting to know ya'll a bitt better!

(This is the third time I'm trying to comment...let's see if it really is "the charm")