08 July 2006

What in the world????



UPDATED: Our "friends" came back tonight plus we had the pleasure of watching a Black Widow attack one of them...I was able to get a little closer this time! And, we learned they fly!













Here is what was kindly sitting on my house when John back in town Thursday night!! This is what I think you call a Ground Beetle! UGH! It had to be at least 4 - 5 inches long! No joke! Now, I know it does not look that long but it was about 15 feet up and next to the front door jam and light so we couldn't get a great picture. I screamed and freaked out so much that I scared V. half to death and then she wouldn't got to bed.

John went out the back door to go around to the front of the house to see it and there was ANOTHER BIG BLACK CREATURE on the back patio. I think it was Mama beetles' baby from the front of the house. I had the jeebies for the rest of the night!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Yuck! I would have freaked out too. Az. has too many little creatures! I used to live there too and I can remember riding my bike and see tarantulas in the middle of the road.

Laura said...

I hate beetles, but living in Florida you get so used to bugs. LOL

I don't even scream when I see one anymore. I just grab a shoe.

At least they didn't fly at you like cockroaches, right?

Robin said...

Ewwwwwwwwwww!

Addie said...

Ugh!!! That looks like something out of a horror show! I'm with V., I would have had nightmares all night, after looking at that.

Girl Raised in the South said...

If Laura is so used to bugs like that, being in Florida, that saves me a lot of research - no way am I ever moving to Florida. I would have flipped out completely over that bug - anything with a hard shell creeps me out anyway. And 4 inches long - looks like something off a survivor food fest challenge. I'm with Addie - uuuhhhhggggg....

Stacey said...

You've never seen one of these before? That cracks me up. I think they usually all come out in the summer time around here : )

Tammy said...

Yucky...we don't get too many beetles in this neck of the woods, but for the first time a few months ago we had an invasion of carpenter ants. I heard that only a paid professional could get rid of them. My little girls prayed they'd go away...and guess what? They did! :)
Hoping you keep those little guys far away...!
~Tammy

Stacey said...

Yucky, huh??