10 July 2006

The Red, White and Blue

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I am a patriotic person and I love anything red, white and blue! We even did Victoria's nursery in this theme. With our first, we didn't want to know the sex of the baby so this theme was perfect.

So, onto the big night. We did Victoria's hair in red, white and blue ponies and Claire was styling in her Texas-style onsie dress. We also made sugar cut-out cookies of flags and stars to eat during the firework show and iced them in fun colors.

I know I'm a little late getting these posted...but here are some pics from the big day. Also, Victoria and I won the Mother-Daughter sack race and we each got a blue ribbon. We also had a newspaper reporter take our picture and then come over and get our names just in case they put us in the paper! We had tons of fun!


8 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

Can I tell you how impressed I am that you have two little ones, you got them dressed in theme colors, made cookies, and took them out! You do all look too cute.

boomama said...

Adorable. And the white shirt with the red cowboy boots is TOO cute. What a fun memory....

Wendy said...

Great pictures. It looks like a fun day!

Susie is working on a new look for my site...should be done in a couple weeks. You inspired me.

Cheryl said...

Sweet babies. I am a mom to two redheads! Cool!

Vessel said...

Looks like a fun time for ya'll. (Still got TX talk on the brain)
Cute Kiddies!

Stacey said...

Great pictures T! I can't believe you won the race, have you looked in the paper for your picture? What a fun day!!

Brenda said...

Great pics! Your girls are adorable! Just the opposite of mine - my older one has red hair and the younger one is blonde.

Glad you had fun, and congrats on your blue ribbon!

alane said...

I just wanted to tell you how adorable I think the theme of your blog is...when I was a little kid I had this cassette tape called "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" that was my absolute favorite! Your girls are so cute! God bless!