05 July 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

Calling all chicks! I saw a great movie Saturday night with my friend Julie. The Devil Wears Prada was downright hilarious! Meryl Streep or should I say Miranda Priestly was unbelievable! Now, I haven't seen many movies with her in them but she was fantastic. And, of course, Ann Hathaway was a doll. If you're into fashion AT ALL this is a must see. Even if you're not it's still a MUST SEE!

One of my favorite actresses in the movie was Emily Blunt. I guess you could call her the 'underdog'. She plays Meryl Streeps' first assistant and she is hilarious. She hasn't got much publicity for the role but I'm a sucker for any British actor/actress. Their comedy is like no other.

So if you get a chance, it's worth the high-dollar cost of the movies these days! Don't wait to rent this one! ;)


7 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

Ive had three conversations about this movie in one day, and at the coffeehouse today its what they were talking about. I seriously had never heard of it or the book. My daughter and I are hoping to fit in a movie, just us two, while she's here - thanks for the review. We'll check it out.

BTW, I tried to give credit to someone for their great WFMW idea awhile back, thought it was Addie and she let me know it was you. So at the end of the day, I went in and linked over to you. My cupboard looks much better, thanks for the great idea. I'll be checking to see what else you come up with.

Nicole said...

I have to say that I didn't know that there was a book either. I guess that says it all about how often I read! Ha.

My friend Anna and I usually see scary movies, but we might have to make an exception for this one!! Thanks for the tip!

Jennifer said...

I've been wanting to see that. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not that into fashion, but it looks cute!

Brenda said...

This is the first I've heard of the movie or the book, but I may have to go see it. I love Meryl Streep.

Anonymous said...

I loved the book. So I'll definitely try to watch the movie. :-)

I've been reading your blog for a while now, but just found out today that I can comment without having a blogger account. So hi! I enjoy reading your posts.

Sara

Lindsay said...

ohhh, i want to see it sooo bad!
I had a guy friend take his Grammyona date to see it and he even loved it! A GUY LOVING A "CHICK FLICK" must be a damn good one!

Especially Heather said...

I cant wait to see this!! I have read the book and have been so excited about the movie! Thanks for the review (I wasnt aware it was out yet!)

Heather