12 July 2006
Here is my solution to storing the smelly dog food! I don't like to store it in my pantry quite frankly, I can't stand the smell of it when I open the door. So I bought this nifty trash can that didn't hold trash bags very well so I decided to use the can to store the dog food.
I keep it stored in my garage next to the bathroom where we keep the dog dishes. And, if you have more than one dog like we have we are usually buying those 30-40 lb. bags. And, as you know they don't seal up very nicely. I also keep a plastic cup (not pictured) in the can too to scoop out the food.
So what are the benefits you ask?
1. When we buy the food it's dumped in all at once.
2. No more lugging around heavy dog food bags
3. It keeps the food fresher
4. The lid helps keep the bugs out and the smell away
5. You can keep track easier of how much food you have left
6. The little plastic cup encourages littles one to feed the dogs
It works-for-me! (My stash is getting a little low as you can see!) Drop by Shannon's at Rocks in my Dryer for more good ideas!