05 July 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things I like about me (wow that was tough to type!)

I'm trying to take a lesson or two from Robin, Addie, and Sarah and do this TT that I have been putting off. Quite frankly, "me" is not my favorite topic but we'll give er' a try.

1. I like that I'm a cheerful person the majority of the time. It really takes A LOT to get me upset or mad and I like that.

2. I like that I'm a sociable person. I love to be around people. Okay, I have to be around others and my theory is the more the merrier!

3. I like that I have blue eyes. I love blue eyes - my dad's are gorgeous and I'm glad my girls both got them.

4. I like my freckles. (Just like Addie.) I think they make a person unique and they give me a little color in the winter time. :)

5. I like that I can enjoy any kind of music. This makes it very easy to relate to people at any age and when you're a sociable person that's a good thing.

6. I like that I can talk to any stranger and make friends. God must have wired me this way because I would have two less friends here in AZ if that were the case.

7. I like that I have a personality that can adapt to change well. With all the places I traveled, jobs I've changed, places I lived, this is a super cool thing.

8. I like that no matter what age I am I still think exercise and health is important. Since I can remember, I have always been active in something (soccer, golf, running, etc). Now, I'm not saying that I think being super thin is important because I'll tell you now I'm not super thin. I'm just glad I subconsciously know how important exercise truly is.

9. I like that I am not a picky eater. I like almost all foods which makes it very easy to wine and dine anywhere.

10. I like that I have the gift of patience. I am an extremely patient person and this comes in very handy with two little tots running around all day.

11. I like that I am very independent. I love my spouse with all my heart but, since he has to travel to support this little family of ours I'm thankful to the great God above that I am strong enough to handle the household, the girls, and the dogs by myself.

12. Gosh, I can't believe this is not over yet. *breathe* I like that I am a risk taker. There would be a lot of things I would have missed out on in life if this were not the case.

13. Finally, I'm so glad this TT is over with. I like the fact that I finally took the time to do it and I won't have to do it again.

Added: The following graphic courtesy of Mandy.

15 comments:

Theresa said...

Great TT! I'm currently reading The Devil Wears Prada and I can't wait to finish so I can see the movie too.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

This is a great list! It's so hard for me to concentrate on my "good qualities" - it's much easier to be self-critical.

My husband travels quite a bit for work, too, and I agree that being independent certainly helps in that area!

Nicole said...

Great job! I think exercise is good too. I just think that my kids need to see that we are suppose to take care of the body that God gave us. Eating right and exercising is WAY important to me. Just teaching good life skills, ya know?

Girl Raised in the South said...

#11 - me too. Good that when they leave we dont fall apart. When mine leaves I get out a paint brush or a project list. #10 - I have a lot of patience too, even more now that we raised the kids. The fact that they all lived shows we had a lot of patience.

Robin said...

Good Job! This was a lot harder than I thought when I did it. I like that you are not easily offended and talk to me on the phone a whole bunch so I feel like you are still here!

Jennifer said...

Good for you!!! I enjoyed reading the great things about you. *smile*

Addie said...

Love the list Theresa, And I bet it was just the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure I'll be able to add 50 more in two weeks! :-)

Unknown said...

It really is good to think about the good things about ourselves. It's easier to complain sometimes. I see some of me in there--adapting, being independent, enjoying all kinds of food. I wish I had the patience though!

Susanne said...

Great list! Thanks for coming by mine! Susie did an awesome job on yours! Isn't she talented. She totally made mine me, and she's never met me! Incredible.

Melissa said...

Enjoyed reading your post. Why is it so tough for us to find 13 things we like about ourselves?

Love the look of your blog!

boomama said...

You know, this kind of TT would be SO hard for me to write. So good for you for doing it - pat yourself on the back.

And you are SO going to have to counsel me on #8 when y'all are here. Sigh.

the lizness said...

I like hearing about YOU!

btw, is the title of your blog any chance from an old musical? just curious

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I couldn't make one of these lists! Great job! I wish I had the gift of patience like you do. That is something I struggle with. Thanx for sharing!

Stacey said...

That was a fun one!!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Good to get to know you better. I love the fact that you see yourself as a strong person. That is such a gift to give your kids!