27 July 2006

Monsoon Season, is it really here?

I can't believe it! After living in the desert for over a year now I still have not seen rain. True rain...not sprinkles. Arizona is known for Monsoon season but I've been asking lately, "how can you call it monsoon season if it doesn't rain?" Well guess what? Last night, the west valley FINALLY got some REAL rain! Oh yes we did. With thunder, lightning, down pours, flooding, 60-mile an hour damaging winds - the whole nine yards! Needless to say, I was on cloud nine!

Even though the the backyard and street flooded AND my trash can blew down the street, AND my water jugs setting outside to be picked up disappeared AND my For Sale sign got shredded - it was a spectacular night!!

I tried to take pictures, but of course they didn't turn out. I must say it was a beautiful site to see. I'm hoping we will see some more in the future but for now, tonight, it's back to normal hot and dry...

...all things considered, I'm SO glad to see that monsoon season really means LOTS of rain!

8 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

I forget that you guys actually enjoy seeing rain. A good ole storm IS nice now and then, and I'd say if you waited a year then you're due. Overdue. :-)

Erica Wagner said...

(delurking) Wait 'til you get back to Texas--those storms can be fierce, but as you know, they are over in a flash!
http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/192/10883/640/DSC02643.jpg
As they say, "If you don't like the weather in Texas, stick around!"

Robin said...

You crack me up. Of course, I could go for a little rain around here right now too!

Jennifer said...

We got into northern New Mexico last night just in time for a lightning storm and some rain. They really need it here. It was spectacular, indeed. Hope you get some more!! (Back in Texas we're getting A LOT of rain, which is why our flight yesterday was delayed almost 2 hours.)

Julie said...

I told you they were some pretty awesome storms huh? Glad you finally got to see one. We gotta get the girls together.

Vessel said...

Was it humid too?

PEZmama said...

I think that rain made its way over to the Buckeye state. It rained hard last night and then off and on for most of today. I love the rain too!

Stacey said...

Yep, it really does rain in AZ. Plus, when it does it's usually a pretty good show!!

I miss talking to you every day : )