25 July 2006

Catching up


I know I haven't posted in like FOREVER! But, after a long seven days of being gone without the family I have spent the last few days catching up and visiting with my MIL who is still in town. My trip was way beyond my expectations...and the girls I met we're no mistake - AWESOME christian women!! I learned a whole bunch from them and we are all very excited about when we will meet up again. (maybe Dallas if I move back in time!)

The food at the Lady & Sons restaurant was incredible...my favorites included the cheese and garlic biscuits, fried green tomatoes, the zucchini and squash, mashed potatoes, and of course the ooey gooey butter cake! Oh and the hoe cake, yes, you read that right was great with some real sweet tea. Hence, the T-Shirt I bought says "Our Hoes are Complimentary!" And, yes I did buy it and I did wear it. :-)

Now, I would love to post something special and sweet about each of my new friends I made but decided I'm going to keep the thoughts and memories close to my heart instead. It was a trip I'll never forget...

So unto new news, house hunting in Dallas was successful. Found lots of options if they are still on the market when we sell ours. I got to see my old buddies from Oakmont Estates (my old neighborhood.) We had a wonderful time catching up and visting with their kiddos. I would love to post a picture but goofy me forgot to take one. I think I was still caught up in the moment.

I cried when I left my girls at the airport, I cried when I talked to them from the Paula Deen Tour in GA and I cried when they ran up and hugged me at the airport upon returning. Hubby was a doll and greeted me with my favorite Starbucks drink and planned a special dinner out of course lots of hugs and kisses too!

All in all, it was a great break from the AZ desert heat but was SO glad to see the hubby and my girls!!

Thanks SO much for MIL for watching my little darlings so I could go - she is the BEST!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good time; glad to hear you have a MIL sweet enough to come stay and let you go play. Sad no photos, but we can all just imagine we were there with you. Your t-shirt cracked me up. Too funny.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Theresa, no idea why it said I was anonymous. I filled out the 99 blanks and said I was me...

Brenda said...

Glad you're back and that you had a great time! What a sweet MIL. Since you didn't get photos, will you be describing everyting in detail? Kidding, of course! Blogger's acting up anyway, so even if you did have photos, you probably couldn't post them.

Welcome back!

Robin said...

Glad you've caught up a little and even in Phoenix, there's no place like home!

Addie said...

I felt exactly the same. Our little group was NOT a mistake! :-) Love the visual of your guy holding the Starbucks for you when you got back. Sweet.

Barb said...

Considering the company you were in I'm sure this was a trip you'll never forget. We missed all of you! And that's one special husband you have there. I'm really glad you guys got to do this. What fun!

(Addie - great photo in your comments!)

Stacey said...

Glad to hear you're back and safe. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Is that you in the picture?

Hope you're having a great week!!

Tiff said...

I wish I could have been in TX to see you. NC is ok, but some days I wish we still in TX.

Kelley said...

Welcome back ... sounds like you all had a trip you won't soon forget. It's so amazing to me how people can connect on such a personal level through the internet & blogging.

I live in Atlanta, and I'm dying to get down to Paula Deen's place sometime this fall. I'm inspired to make a girls' trip out of it now -- let me know if you have any tips!

Paulette said...

Hello glad you had an awesome time I can just imagine if Boomama was there. I live right next door to the big D, hope everything goes well in the move. I am looking forward to the Oct get together, I am so there.
Blessings, and welcome home.

Theresa said...

Hi Kelley - Two tips here: 1. make sure you have reservations and 2. get the buffet instead of ordering from the menu!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Wendy said...

Glad you are back. I missed you! Glad house hunting has been going well.

Anonymous said...

I came to your site from BlueBird Blogs. I am so jealous!!! I asked my husband to take me to The Lady and Sons for our aniversary but he doesn't want to drive 8 hrs one way to eat dinner! Someday I'll be there.