03 July 2006

More Potty talk

Seems to be a hot topic these days...I wasn't going to post about this but since it's a hot topic right now, I'll share my little story. Well my little princess has been telling me after she squats that she's 'poopy' then will run to the diaper changing area, grab her a diaper and changing cloth. Oh, only if she could finish it, right?

Well, it wasn't until Thursday that she looked at me and said 'poopy' then squatted. I said, "well go on the potty" and little miss thang ran to the bathroom and proceeded to lift up her shirt!

I was a little amazed but followed along. I mean what can it hurt right? She obviously understands the concept. So I got out her big sister's portable potty and plopped her on the seat. Of course she was more interested in checking out the big, blue, yellow, new seat with the fun lid that goes up and down.

I knew she had to go so I let her run around the house for a few minutes and she started to squat again. I quickly lifted her up and carried her to the potty. Whala! The little girl pooed in the potty! I couldn't believe it. There was nothing else to say but a "popicle" was in order!!

Of course I did all the work and considered it a fluke.

But hold on, Claire woke up from nap and again said poopy and proceeded to squat. I told her "let's go to the potty". And once again, she was more interested in playing with the seat. So I let her play for a minute until she started to squat next to the seat. So, I picked her up and set her on the big potty with the little Dora seat on. Claire sits for a moment and then jumps off the seat and proceeds to run to the freezer screaming "poppy, poppy!" I on the other hand, was cleaning up the bathroom when I noticed it! The poo was being camouflaged by the Dora seat. In fact, she DID go potty it just didn't make it in the water. :-)

Of course a 'poppy' was indeed rewarded!

Fast forward the next day...the whole family has the stomach bug! Girls got it in the pants and mom and dad got in the mouth. Claire is still saying poopy when it's time to go but we are no way going to attempt to make it in the potty this time. Especially with Mommy's weak tummy right now.

So for now, we are thanking the good heavens that diapers are back!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow! It sounds like she is going to be fairly easy to potty train. That's awesome! I am so sorry that your whole house is down for the count! No fun I know. We have been fortunate in this house to never be sick all at once like that. I can imagin though how it could ba and I wouldn't want to sign up for that. Hope you all feel better and way to go on the pooping thing!!! WOO HOO!!

Especially Heather said...

heh! I can so relate.. soooo relate!
I hope you feel better soon!

-Heather

Unknown said...

That's really great. Ds is just 25 months and we are talking about the potty and sitting on it before baths. Oh, I really hate potty training.