01 March 2006

Claire's Birthday


I have to admit I'm a little sad today. My little baby girl turned one year's old yesterday! The formula, bottles, and baby food are all gone. The only reminders I have left are the binky's and dirty diapers. Where did this past year go?


Anyways, we are going to have a celebration for her in a few weeks when we are in the new house. So, in the meantime I made her a Dora Backpack cake (that is her all time favorite cartoon) and took her and her sister to Peter Piper Pizza. I know it's hard to believe at one year of age but it's true...she dances everytime the theme song comes on and she can say "ba-pah" aka "backpack". It was a little challenging making the cake from scratch without a shape pan and instructions, but she knew what the cake was so I guess, mission accomplished!



So, here is a picture of the cake (and my little princess above) at one year's old. She looks so grown up!







Here is a list of Claire's milestones at one year's old:

* Running now - not walking (at 9 months)
* She can say Mama, Daddy, Daisy (our Jack Russell), and Backpack
* She is a dancing fool like her Mama
* She can't give enough kisses to her big sister or her puppy Daisy
* She loves to eat Yo Baby yogurt and Honey Maid sticks
* With the only three teeth that she has (the bottom two and one eye tooth) :)
* She loves to clap and wave hi
* She still bald
* She's showing serious signs of a drama queen


And Mommy and Daddy love her so much, Happy Birthday Claire!! Or, as Daddy would say, Happy Birthday little bit!!

5 comments:

Addie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Claire!

What a GREAT cake. Did you draw that free hand? Wow! Carys loved Dora at an early age too. It's that second kid thing I guess.

She's such a cutie! I love bald babies! (My 3 gave me no alternative. They were all bald too!) ;-)

Robin said...

The cake turned out fabulous! And just think, she's going to look more and more like her momma as the years pass. =)

Happy Birthday itty bits!

Anonymous said...

You MADE that cake? Whoah!!
I can't buy cakes that cute!

That first birthday is kinda bittersweet, huh?

Stacey said...

Man, you carve pumpkins, make birthday cakes and more. You should win the Mom of the year award... You go girl!!

Theresa said...

Thanks guys!

Kelsey - the first one is bittersweet. Just debating whether or not it's going to be the last "first" birthday we have in the family or if there are going to be more!! :)

Stacey - your so sweet! I'm not sure if Mom of the Year Award is warranted but maybe just too much time on my hands!!