01 March 2006
I have to admit I'm a little sad today. My little baby girl turned one year's old yesterday! The formula, bottles, and baby food are all gone. The only reminders I have left are the binky's and dirty diapers. Where did this past year go?
Anyways, we are going to have a celebration for her in a few weeks when we are in the new house. So, in the meantime I made her a Dora Backpack cake (that is her all time favorite cartoon) and took her and her sister to Peter Piper Pizza. I know it's hard to believe at one year of age but it's true...she dances everytime the theme song comes on and she can say "ba-pah" aka "backpack". It was a little challenging making the cake from scratch without a shape pan and instructions, but she knew what the cake was so I guess, mission accomplished!
So, here is a picture of the cake (and my little princess above) at one year's old. She looks so grown up!
Here is a list of Claire's milestones at one year's old:
* Running now - not walking (at 9 months)
* She can say Mama, Daddy, Daisy (our Jack Russell), and Backpack
* She is a dancing fool like her Mama
* She can't give enough kisses to her big sister or her puppy Daisy
* She loves to eat Yo Baby yogurt and Honey Maid sticks
* With the only three teeth that she has (the bottom two and one eye tooth) :)
* She loves to clap and wave hi
* She still bald
* She's showing serious signs of a drama queen
And Mommy and Daddy love her so much, Happy Birthday Claire!! Or, as Daddy would say, Happy Birthday little bit!!