06 March 2006

And the Oscar goes too...

Delete this recording
Don't Delete

What!#@! Are you kidding me??? I'm sitting there watching the 78th Annual Academy Awards on my TiVo. Pausing every time I have to get up and get my screaming child from her crib who won't stay asleep for longer than 5 minutes. I have been waiting all weekend to watch them. I even bought the movie, Crash, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and rented Hustle & Flow. Just so I could be "in the know" come Sunday (plus my daughter was sick all weekend long with high fever - that's another story.) Back to the Oscars...I had seen Walk the Line and absolutely LOVED it. Being a Johnny Cash fan myself, my sisters and I used to roller skate to his music in our basement on an 8-track!

Back to my point... I can't wait to see the Best Actress winner because of course I'm rooting for Reese and second I want to see Best Picture. So, I finally get the baby down and finish watching to the very end. Jamie Foxx walks out on stage and begins to announce the nominations for Best Actress. My heart is pounding as the little promos run for all the movies (anxiously waiting to see Reese's tidbit.) Showing currently is Felicity Huffman talking about her sex change with her doctor then, BAM!!! TiVo stops recording...

Delete this recording
Don't Delete

Can you believe it??? Note to self: Next year, remember that the Oscars ALWAYS run over their allotted time and for heaven sakes schedule your TiVo to run a half hour longer!!!!! UGH!!

5 comments:

Julie said...

oh dude. I had the whole thing but I deleted it. Ugh. Wish I'd known earlier. I learned my lesson when I missed the last 20 min. of Grey's Anatomy after the Super Bowl.

Stacey said...

I hate when that happens. Weren't you surprised at some of the winners?

Theresa said...

Yes, I was surprised...especially for "It's hard out here being a pimp". I actually wanted the song to win, but I had just told John - (after casting my votes on TiVo)that I chose "In the Deep" from Crash because "like the Academy is going to vote for a rap song!" Nuff said...

Anonymous said...

Same exact thing happened to me in the same exact spot, so I definitely feel your pain! Especially after wading/forwarding through all the uninteresting bits only to miss the most exciting part. Oh well, at least the Today Show did good recaps ;)

Addie said...

That really stinks!

Roller skating in the basement was the absolute best as a kid. That is one of my favorite childhood memories. Although I didn't have an 8-track down there!

So was Hustle and Flow good? It's one I've wanted to see. Ben is getting ready to go out of town for a week so I'll probably be renting quite a bit.