08 August 2006

Works-For-Me-Wednesday

Is your food going stale in your pantry? Does your vegetables get freezer burn? Are your chip bags popping open and getting stale?

Well here is my solution...Twixit!

At least that's what The Pampered Chef calls them. I call them life savers! I use them on everything that doesn't Zip-lock close. I use them in cereal boxes, crackers packages, potato chip bags, frozen vegetables, etc. They are a complete life saver and their cheap too! I just recently found a bag of 30 for $2.99 at IKEA. I almost bought TWO bags just to have some for back up! Anyways, these are a must-have. They save you money too because they keep your food fresh.

They WORK-FOR-ME! :-)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooooooh, yay for Ikea!! I got one of these for free from my Pampered Chef lady, but couldn't bring myself to shell out the cash they wanted for a set. But 30 for $2.99? Now we're talkin! Thanks for the tip!

Beck said...

Those sound great - I'll keep my eyes open for them! (not that I live anywhere near an Ikea, but I get the idea!)

Wendy said...

I use these all the time and love them. I was so glad to find the IKEA deal, because they were just as well for less.

Robin said...

I just think it's funny that you give props to Pampered Chef and then let everyone know where to get them cheaper!! Ha Ha!

Paulette said...

What a great Idea. I love IKEA. I will get some. I do have a problem at times when things are not eaten fast enough. Thankyou so much for this tip!!
Blessings today

Gina Conroy said...

Pretty neat gadget. I use those close pin type things, but they usually end up breaking. That's when I reach for a real close pin.

I'll have to check into these.

Kelley said...

Well, I'm a "PC lady", and I know you can get them cheaper (I've even seen similar clips at WalMart), but nobody else guarantees them for a year! You can even use the real "Twixits" from PC in the freezer, microwave, and on "boil-in" bags. For more info, check out my website:
www.pamperedchef.biz/cookingwithkelley

Stacey said...

I'm with Robin, so funny that you mention PC but then give everyone the real deal at IKEA : ) I am going to check them out though!

Kelley, that was cute!!