07 August 2006

Missing Mama + Busy Daddy + Hungry 3 - year old

While mama was away, Sugar was sleeping and Daddy was working, Sissy decided that she wanted lunch. So she went upstairs to Daddy's office and asked him if he could fix her lunch. Hubby says he kind of "brushed her off" and she went back downstairs. Then, he says about 20 minutes later Sissy came back upstairs to Daddy's office and says, "Daddy I made you a bologna and cheese sandwich?"

Sidenote...this little lunch is Daddy and Sissy's favorite lunch together. A 'healthy' bologna and cheese sandwich with mayonaise and a side stack of Pringles!

So, hubby says when he finally came downstairs she had made them two bologna and cheese sandwiches (torn in halves) with mayo and some chips on paper plates! Needless to say, Daddy's heart completely melted at that point.

Hubby says when he came to the kitchen Sissy said, "See Daddy, I made you lunch and I didn't even hurt myself!"

Now I on the other hand, found it a little scary that my 3 -year old daughter attempted to use a butter knife unattended, actually climbed in the refrigerator for all the fixin's, found the Pringles in the pantry and is unharmed!

Oh, the things little girl's will do for their Daddy's. :-)

10 comments:

Addie said...

That just melted my heart!

PRECIOUS!!!

Wendy said...

That is SO sweet..something to write down to remember.

Paulette said...

That was just to precious. One of many precious memeories. I will be praying for you while you prepare to move.
Blessings

Robin said...

It is so good when they can start these things on their own. =)

Vessel said...

That makes me want to squeeze them even more. So sweet!!

Diane Viere said...

How sweet! It reminds me of a time years ago that my husband offered to lay down with our daughter, then 3, for her afternoon nap. 20 minutes later--my daughter tip-toed up the hallway and I asked her where her Daddy was. She replied, in a hushed whisper, "Shhh! Daddies sleeping!"

Ah--those Dad's!

Diane

Blackeyedsue said...

I don't think we give them enough credit for what they can do.

This is too precious.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Sweet sweet story. How little girls love their Daddys. Mine sure did/do.

Paula said...

So sweet. Preicous moments to never be forgotten.

PEZmama said...

See. Now that is sweet. That is just too sweet.