10 August 2006

Artist maybe?

First you should know that I can copy pretty much anything and it actually looks like the object I copied. But drawing something from the top of my head is like non-existent. On the other hand, my older sister and brother are pretty good at drawing. With that being said, I think Sissy may have inherited one of their genes at the ripe age of three.

Here is a picture I thought I would share that she drew this morning for her Daddy (of course)! Now if any of your little ones watch Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends this may look a little familiar or maybe not. :-)



Mind you, this was done without copying anything but simply from memory.

Here is who she drew starting from top left to right...

Shimmer, Dragon, Shelly (the little pink snail in the corner), Miss Spider, Wiggle, Pansy, Snowdrop and Squirt. And no, I did not know all their names I had to ask Sissy who they were. She also let me know that she still has to draw Bounce and Holly.

I asked her what the red thing was up in the sky and she said, "that's an email". :-)

This one is definitely a keeper!

12 comments:

Wendy said...

That is really cute and well done! My daughter is almost 4 and LOVES to draw and color. Have you ever seen those "Draw Write Now" books? I bet your daughter would like those.

Heather Smith said...

That is too cute! Kids are so adorable! And your child can already outdraw me! Drawing is SO NOT my talent!

Paula said...

Wonderful!! I taught second grade for 6 years and I have to say, some of them cound not draw that well. I do be drawing is a gift and maybe this is Sissy's and she'll keep it up. By the way, I have a friend who have framed some of her children's special art pieces and they look GREAT on the wall. So maybe give it a try.

Paulette said...

May I say I am an artist, sketching, oils, sculpting. This is SO excellent for a 3 year old!!! She definately will have plenty room for her talent to evolve. Wow it is very good.
My son was talented as well. I framed some of his best and put them up in my house. He is 15 now and they are priceless.

Diane Viere said...

Another "can't draw for the life-of-me" person here! So I really do appreciate the growing talent of your sweetie! An "email"--that's funny and so-o-o-o appropriate!

Diane

Anonymous said...

I think that's a wonderful drawing -- especially from a 3 year old. I probably would not be able to draw that well!

Shawna said...

That is really GREAT! My oldest son has always been a wonderful artist and was drawing at a very young age like your daughter. Hope you have a storage plan in mind for all of the drawings to come!

PEZmama said...

That's a lot of detail in there. Good for her.

I saved a picture Lainee painted. The people had eyebrows and I thought that was hilarious... their legs were coming out of their heads and their hands had the wrong number of fingers. But you can be certain they had eyebrows.

Love it.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

That is incredible.

How funny that she would imagine an email being in the sky. Not far from the truth, eh? I still will never understand how all that works.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just happened upon your blog and LOVE this post. My 3 year old daughter is a big fan of Miss Spider. :O)

Stacey said...

Wow, that's really good! I can't believe she did that. I'd say you've got some talent on your hands for sure!!

Barb said...

I'd be framing this. Seriously. It's so darn cute. And that remark about the email? She's 3? That's just amazing.

I'd start a collection in her room. The way she draws, you'd have her walls covered in nothing flat.