27 August 2006

The Tinkerbell party was a hit

The pixie dust, the makeup, the cake, the pizza, the games and her little friends was just more than what a little girl could ask for! The party was a hit. The girls were sprinkled with pixie dust upon arrival and then the first hour was spent playing at the make-up table.
The little fairies were busy applying body glitter, nail art, glitter tatoos, glitter polish, lip gloss and wearing beads, rings and princess dresses and crowns.

The next event was eating cheese pizza with fairy fizzy juice! We decided next to dive into the Tinkerbell cake with buttercream frosting and vanilla ice cream. We then moved unto the fairy pretzel wands!
After a little playtime and dressing up we moved back into the dining room to fix Tinkerbell's broken wand. The girls played 'Pin the star on the Wand'.Finally, Sissy ripped into the presents faster than a tornado and off to the playroom again for some more play. Each guest went home with a Tinkerbell goodie bag, a fairy wand, and a lip gloss ring. It was a great time and Sissy can't stop talking about it. She has played with her new gifts ALL day today.And, Victoria's favorite part of the party besides her friends of course was her cake! She asked upteen times if she could show her friends the cake when they arrived. Considering I had to think this up by myself I thought it turned out pretty cute.*I've I uploaded a lot of pics for our family members who are out of state and couldn't attend.

16 comments:

Robin said...

That cake is precious! And I am so impressed... Glad she had a blast and glad she will be home for bday #5

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get a good look at the cake in the early photos and moving closer to the computer screen was just making it worse. I started to formulate my comment in my head, "That cake looks awesome. Can we see it up close?" Then I scrolled down, YUMMMM! Buttercream you say? Did you make that cake? I know, I know, enough about the cake, but I can't help it.

Glad the party went well, really I am. Can I have a piece of cake now?

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness Theresa, that cake is awesome!! You are so good!!

Sounds like the little girls had so much fun! Makes me want a little girl so much more : )

Addie said...

Girl, you are GOOD!!! That cake is gorgeous, and the party looks like fun! I would have been shoving little girls aside to get to that make-up table. Whoo, whoo!

Glad you had a great day! :-)

boomama said...

ADORABLE. Did you make that cake, T-Lo? Because if you did, you need to be in business. :-)

Sherry said...

That is so cute. I love tinkerbell. And that is a great job on the cake you are very talented.

Barb said...

What an adorable party. And I just assumed you'd had the cake made. It's really adorable - love the blue icing. No wonder she talked about her party on and on. What little girl wouldn't? Great job, Mom.

Theresa said...

Thanks y'all...and to answer your question I did make the cake but the cake topper I bought. Actually I bought a toy and made it my cake topper! (Much cheaper and you get an instant toy)

Oh, and the icing is actually purple, it just looks blue in the pic!

Vessel said...

So sweet! I love that cake!
Purple is my favorite.

PEZmama said...

Indeed. The cake looks fantastic. Nice job, you. And very creative with the activities/favors. Do you want to plan the next party at our house?

Anonymous said...

looks like it was a great party. Good job!

we're going to do a scavenger hunt party this year for my step-daughter. She'll be 10.

Tammy said...

Oh, that is adorable! I LOVE that cake!
I know if my girls were invited to a party like that, they would have been just loving it!

Glad your little sweetie had such a good party!

Paula said...

The party looks like every little girls dream. You made the cake??? WOW!! Talented!! Have you taken cake classes or is this a natural talent?

Wendy said...

I love the cake! You did a great job!
It looks like such a fun party.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

So cute. Love the cake!

Shawna said...

Looks like a fun party & the cake is beautiful! Wow~