27 November 2006

Holy cuteness and fun!

Woke up at 4:00am to do my annual "day after Thanksgiving" shopping and I'm all. done.

Yes. I'm. all. done.

I just love all the craziness and fun things that go on that day. Not to mention picking up a few things for myself while I'm at it. You see ladies, if you get up early enough to go, you can actually try. on. clothes. with. no. kids. And eat uninterrupted. And go to the bathroom alone. And browse every aisle. And carry just a purse. Oh yes... the day after Thanksgiving shopping is always a good day.

And I think that is the first time I ever arrived at Starbucks BEFORE they opened. :-)

Now onto holy cuteness! I got the girls "Christmas dresses" this past week. So Saturday while hubby was out doing his fun day of shopping I got the girls dressed to take a picture for our Christmas cards.
I first tried indoors but the pictures kept coming out all blurry. So then I thought since this will probably be our last Christmas in Arizona, I would take it in front of a Saguro cactus.

No such luck.

All the cactuses were too far and the sun was WAY to bright. Plus the girls kept squinting their eyes in every picture. But, I did have some fun playing with iphoto and I perfected the art of 'cropping' some pictures. Below is a glimpse at a couple of my faves.




















In addition to a lovely turkey dinner and my shopping, the girls and I spent the day before making our Christmas chain and wrote 25 things we were thankful for on each link. I love to see how much Sissy (especially) has grown over the past year. We moved from thanking our toys to thanking people.

I love this time of year!

14 comments:

boomama said...

LOVE the Christmas chain idea. I will be copying. :-)

And you and your bubbly personality have been on my mind ever since I woke up this morning...so I checked your blog, and lo and behold, if ANYONE would have fun in the post-Thanksgiving shopping madness and finish all her Christmas shopping on top of that - it would be my friend T-Lo! Reading your blog at the holidays is like getting a joy transfusion. Love it.

Stacey said...

Those pictures were super cute! I love those outfits... just another reason I NEED a girl around my house!! Sounds like a wonderful day of mother-daughter bonding : )

Surprised I didn't see you out shopping this year. We were out early, too!

Stacy said...

My Dear T-Lo,

I've been missing you like crazy lady! :) I LOVE your blog - your effervescent personality just show right through all that you do!! Soo glad to hear that you got to spend some quality time with your family over Thanksgiving!!!

Addie said...

That one up top of the two of them in front of the tree is beautiful! They are absolutely adorable. Just like their momma!

Miss ya! I'm hoping Santa brings you a gift of "SOLD" for christmas this year. Have you been a good girl? ;-)

Barb said...

Adorable. I love the photo in front of the tree. And that's a lot more Christmasy than a cactus. What cuties. Love the little red dresses. And I agree with everyone else - your excitement is contagious!

Linda said...

My first visit to your blog. I live in Texas so understand why you want to get back here as quickly as possible :)
The pictures are adorable - squints and all. I love this time of year too. It is so special.

Linda said...

Thanks for the visit!! And thank you for the information. I am going to try. My poor little fingers are so sore.
I would encourage you to take lessons. It is such fun this time around (I quit in high school). If I'm not too old (I just turned 60 - yikes!) neither are you:)
Please come again.

Kelley said...

Your girls are sooo cute in their little Santa dresses!

Maybe now that you're done with your Christmas shopping, you could start on mine?!

Anonymous said...

You are done?! Hmm.

I do my Christmas shopping a day or two before Christmas. This way, I will have little time to spend what little money I have. :)

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Robin said...

i'm testing to see if i can comment without doing it anonymously...

Robin said...

sweet heavenly days!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! They are so cute! I can't wait to do the same with my girls.

Melissa said...

Hi again! I replied to your comments on my blog, but I thought I'd tell you here too. Those monkey pj's at Target are stinkin cute!!!! And, they have matching robes. You should check them out!

GiBee said...

SO CUTE!!!