02 November 2006
Product Review...huh?
Okay I'll bite... about a week or so ago I got an email from the lovely folks at Clorox. Yes, the bleach one. As if there were someone else with that name? They kindly asked if I would accept a free sample of their new Clorox UltimateCare Premium Bleach and then post my review on my blog. So of course they twisted my arm and I said yes. And, yes, this type of coercion does happen through email. *smile*

Did I mention it was free?

Anyhoo, I read through all the papers and ads to see what was so special about this new bleach. See being OCD and all, we do these kinds of things even though we know what bleach is for. But for your information, I DO use the regular Clorox bleach so I needed to see why I must switch to THEE premium bleach.

So off to the laundry room I went with a day old onesie outfit covered in chocolate ice cream. After reading through the materials it seemed to me the selling point of this new bleach was that you can pour it directly on the fabric.

So that's what I did.

I covered all the soiled chocolate areas and tossed it in the wash with my other whites. For some reason I was a little distracted by a toddler pulling at my leg and I may have poured a little more than I should have. :-)

Nonetheless, we were going to see if this stuffed really worked!

So last night I'm pulling out my load of whites from the dryer and they did look pretty bright and white. Oh, and the little areas on the onesie outfit that I covered (read drowned) in bleach was, drum roll please...

CLEAN! There was not one chocolate stain left of the entire outfit! Sold!

So after using (read abusing) the premimum bleach, I will definitely buy it. Quite frankly my friends, it does work and here is what I liked most about it:


1. You can pour it directly on the fabric (if you don't have said toddler pulling on your leg)
2. It's thicker than true liquid bleach so it's easier to pour (if you're paying attention) :-)
3. I love that fact that when I touched the bleach directly with my fingers, they did not smell like bleach all. day. long. Now that's a bonus!


Finally, I believe a product review is not worthy without seeing proof. So, since I knew I was going to do a review about this product I took before and after shots...

Because truly seeing is believing!

Here are the results...L@@k at the top left sleeve, middle, and bottom left - awesome eh?


*The first pic is a little yellow because I took it in the laundry room.

Thanks Clorox!

* Note to readers: What you can't see in the picture was that I obviously poured WAY too much bleach directly on the fabric and it slightly faded the colors in some spots. Now I'm talking it was very minimal fading and I was surprised it didn't come out completely white! This obviously wouldn't of happened if the product was "used as directed".

In my eyes, that's a plus for Clorox, because even a goof like me couldn't ruin an outfit! :-) I just wanted to be honest.

  posted at 9:16 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

That's awesome! I'm going to check into that since you're the second person who talked about it on her blog. I hate stained up clothes!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Chappyswife said...

Thanks for the review, Theresa. But most of all, thanks for the tips you left for me! You absolutely had it worse than me!!! I can use all the help I can get, and while I don't actually GET sick, the green feeling is enough to kick my bahooky. This morning has not been fun.

I just read your most recent posts to catch up a little on what's been going on with you. Sounds like you've been busy. Your little goblins are adorable! Very nice jack-o-lanterns and decorations, too. Happy Friday to you!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Jules said...

You're a terrific spokesperson. I look forward to seeing you on their next commercial.**smile**

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Came back to see if the results were up for the contest yet. Just checking it out : )-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name: Theresa

Location: The great state of Texas

I'm a Christ follower, wife, mama, daughter and sister. I am married to my best friend and we have two precious girls ages 6 and 4. We are happily living in Texas. I love sewing, photography, new running shoes, iced tea and never turn down Tex-Mex. I love spending time with my family, traveling, football season and most importantly, I love to laugh.

My complete profile

Twitter Updates

Sites I Cruise & Use
Ebay Shopping
Everyday with Rachel Ray
Agapeland Music
Twin Sisters
Jeweler Matthew Trent
Fellowship Church
Family Watchdog

Search This Blog

 

Previous Posts
  • Halloween Open House
  • "Tink" or Treat...Meowww!
  • Blog-O-Lantern contest begins today!
  • Are you a pumpkin?
  • Cell phones, realtors, jets and pumpkins
  • Calling all coffee drinkers
  • Friday's Random Thoughts
  • The Great Physician
  • How do you know when Grey's Anatomy becomes an add...
  • Home at last

  • Blogrolls
    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Miscellaneous


    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Archives
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • July 2009
  • March 2011
  • August 2011

  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Photo from:
    istockphoto