02 November 2006

Product Review...huh?

Okay I'll bite... about a week or so ago I got an email from the lovely folks at Clorox. Yes, the bleach one. As if there were someone else with that name? They kindly asked if I would accept a free sample of their new Clorox UltimateCare Premium Bleach and then post my review on my blog. So of course they twisted my arm and I said yes. And, yes, this type of coercion does happen through email. *smile*

Did I mention it was free?

Anyhoo, I read through all the papers and ads to see what was so special about this new bleach. See being OCD and all, we do these kinds of things even though we know what bleach is for. But for your information, I DO use the regular Clorox bleach so I needed to see why I must switch to THEE premium bleach.

So off to the laundry room I went with a day old onesie outfit covered in chocolate ice cream. After reading through the materials it seemed to me the selling point of this new bleach was that you can pour it directly on the fabric.

So that's what I did.

I covered all the soiled chocolate areas and tossed it in the wash with my other whites. For some reason I was a little distracted by a toddler pulling at my leg and I may have poured a little more than I should have. :-)

Nonetheless, we were going to see if this stuffed really worked!

So last night I'm pulling out my load of whites from the dryer and they did look pretty bright and white. Oh, and the little areas on the onesie outfit that I covered (read drowned) in bleach was, drum roll please...

CLEAN! There was not one chocolate stain left of the entire outfit! Sold!

So after using (read abusing) the premimum bleach, I will definitely buy it. Quite frankly my friends, it does work and here is what I liked most about it:


1. You can pour it directly on the fabric (if you don't have said toddler pulling on your leg)
2. It's thicker than true liquid bleach so it's easier to pour (if you're paying attention) :-)
3. I love that fact that when I touched the bleach directly with my fingers, they did not smell like bleach all. day. long. Now that's a bonus!


Finally, I believe a product review is not worthy without seeing proof. So, since I knew I was going to do a review about this product I took before and after shots...

Because truly seeing is believing!

Here are the results...L@@k at the top left sleeve, middle, and bottom left - awesome eh?


*The first pic is a little yellow because I took it in the laundry room.

Thanks Clorox!

* Note to readers: What you can't see in the picture was that I obviously poured WAY too much bleach directly on the fabric and it slightly faded the colors in some spots. Now I'm talking it was very minimal fading and I was surprised it didn't come out completely white! This obviously wouldn't of happened if the product was "used as directed".

In my eyes, that's a plus for Clorox, because even a goof like me couldn't ruin an outfit! :-) I just wanted to be honest.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

That's awesome! I'm going to check into that since you're the second person who talked about it on her blog. I hate stained up clothes!

Shawna said...

Thanks for the review, Theresa. But most of all, thanks for the tips you left for me! You absolutely had it worse than me!!! I can use all the help I can get, and while I don't actually GET sick, the green feeling is enough to kick my bahooky. This morning has not been fun.

I just read your most recent posts to catch up a little on what's been going on with you. Sounds like you've been busy. Your little goblins are adorable! Very nice jack-o-lanterns and decorations, too. Happy Friday to you!

Vessel said...

You're a terrific spokesperson. I look forward to seeing you on their next commercial.**smile**

Stacey said...

Came back to see if the results were up for the contest yet. Just checking it out : )-