02 December 2006

I swear, I don't starve my children

This past month or so I started doing projects again with Sissy during Sugar's nap time. We have made turkeys, Thanksgiving sugar cookies, PB brownie cups, Christmas pine cones, bells, stockings, a gingerbread house (our first time) and the most famous of all...

Popcorn garland! Which by the way takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to make. It's a good thing it's makes for a tasty snack too.


Anyways, Sugar woke up from nap yesterday and I forgot to lock the door to the media room which is where the girl's tree resides. I walked in to find this...



Then followed Smokey the dog...















Once Sissy came in the room and saw first-hand what was going on, we had a very upset preschooler crying, "it's ruined, the whole tree is ruined!"

I think this is the part where I was supposed to stop laughing... :)

10 comments:

Addie said...

Oh, that's just cute! Poor sissy, bless her little heart!

You're too funny! :D

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE your gingerbread house! I think we are going to try one this year too.

What a bummer about the popcorn because I know those take forever, but definitely something to laugh about and tell your kids later.

Brenda said...

That is too funny! She will love that video one day.

Stacey said...

That was just too funny! I love when she bends over and bites it right off of the tree. I bet Sissy was so upset!!

Linda said...

It's wonderful that you laughed about it. I have finally learned that life is far too short and precious to get upset over "stuff".
However, I don't blame Sissy for being upset.
Have a great sunday.

Tammy said...

Oh, this is SO cute! I love her verbal expressions as she gobbles that popcorn!

Thanks for the reminder here to laugh and look at the lighter side instead of stressing over those small things!
This was so adorable!

Melissa said...

How funny! I laughed right out loud. Looks like the dog had a good time too. I think I'll be skipping the popcorn garland this year, seeing as how I don't even have ornaments on the bottom half of the tree! My 1 yr old would have a field day with popcorn!

Robin said...

AHHH! I can't get the video to load....glad you told me what happens so I can laugh anyway.

Barb said...

I can't get the video to run either but the photo itself is priceless. I can't begin to imagine how you're going to keep that doggie away from that tree now unless you just keep the door shut. Forever.

Yeah, you should probably stop laughing now. But I don't have to. :-)

Kelley said...

That just cracks me up, Theresa! Of course, if it was MY kids (& dog), I'd be scolding them! But since they're not mine, I can say, "Oh, how cute! That's really funny!"