20 November 2006

The Big Weekend, Part 2

The moment you all have been waiting for...the dyed/highlighted hair. Let's just say I haven't seen my sistor in over a year and when we get any time together it's usually...

lots of talking, giggling, late nighters, chocolote eatin' sistor-time!

So in the moment of all sistorhood she says.... "hey, let's dye our hair." And, of course with all sistorhood worthyness I agree.

Oh did I agree. I haven't had my roots touched up since my last bloggity trip to Savannah - oh did I just admit that? So without further ado, we headed to our local Walgreens to pick out just the right color! LOL!

Sistor recommended that I use the platinum color to lighten my roots and she chose the caramel color kit. So, the adventure started at 9:00pm and ened after midnight.

RESULTS: I had orange roots and she had orange/blonde hair. There was no "caramel" color anywhere to be seen. Of course the problem was with the hair highlighting kit and not with the person who was applying it, right? :-)

So here are the said color results! The picture was taken around 12:30am so the lighting was not very good.
However when it came to the toes we left it up to the professionals. And as you can see we have the prettiest toes in AZ!


As for the hair...sistor called and said she is all brown now. She actually got up the nerve to fix it herself. I on the other hand had an appointment first thing Saturday morning for what they sytlists call a 'Color Correction'. Well, let's just say 4 1/2 hours later I came home looking somewhat normal! :-)

*The word sister is misspelled intentionally because this what call each other sis-tor!


6 comments:

boomama said...

I too have had to resort to professional color correction - THREE TIMES. You'd think I'd learn my lesson... :-)

Glad y'all had fun!

Melissa said...

What a cute blog you have! I'm jealous of your weekend with your sisters. My sisters live in Oregon and I'm in Michigan! Needless to say, I never see them. Your girls have an adorable playroom too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! My sister is here from California and I get to spend the day w/all 3 of my sisters this Wednesday. I am so excited!

Girl Raised in the South said...

How fun that you both dyed your hair together! Thats something my girls would do, and possibly my sister and I too. The last time I tried to highlight my hair it turned sort of orange and I had to start all over. Sounds like you had a blast.

Stacey said...

Awww, sistors are so much fun! You'll be friends through bad hair or good : )-

Barb said...

You girls are too funny but I love those toes! I don't think your hair looks like it's need to be corrected but what do I know? I ran around being a blonde for years when I'm so NOT a blonde.

This is definitely something Bev and I would do.

At least you didn't cut your hair. I'm glad you can still use the scrunchies I sent you. Oops. I forgot you don't want anyone to know you do the ponytail thing occasionally. I'll bet you look cute.

What a fun post.