24 October 2006

Cell phones, realtors, jets and pumpkins

Here I am! Thanks everyone for your recommendations on the coffee makers.

The sad thing is I haven't bought one yet. I know I know.

But here's the thing. The day after I posted that, Sugar dropped my cell phone on the hardwood floor and you know what happened next? Yes, it came apart in TWO pieces. And, I'm not talking about a separated battery pack!

So this weekend's shopping was for a new cell phone instead of the coffee maker. So for now I'm using my current coffee maker since it's technically still working.

Onto other news...
We had a super BIG weekend. A couple of showings, the Goodyear Balloon and Air Spectacular, a trip to Schnepf Farms and the best part... my SIL and nephew were in town.

So Friday night was spent doing some massive house cleaning in preparation for the showings and then Saturday we went to see the Blue Angels fly at the air show. The girls absolutely loved all the planes and the big jets. We had perfect seats in the shade. We got the last spot right under one of the wings of a parked plane that was displayed for the show. And, you know that's a big thing in Arizona...finding shade! The girls also enjoyed some pony rides and jumping in big bounce houses.

Finally on Sunday we headed to the pumpkin patch to meet up with my nephew and SIL. We had a super time...

We spent the day going on the carousel, a hay ride, pony rides, bounce houses, slide shoots, a train ride, visiting the petting zoo and giant playground. We also enjoyed it sipping homemade lemonade and snacking on old-fashioned kettle corn.


We rounded out the day going to the pumpkin patch and picking out our pumpkins for the this week's Blog-O-Lantern contest!










Oh yes folks it's time. I will go ahead and set up Mr. Linky starting this Friday. And, if all goes well this week I plan on posting the first carving (mine) to officially kick off the contest so be on the lookout!

*I would have posted pictures from Schnepf Farms but Mommy left the digital camera on the chair at home! (I'm still kicking myself) Luckily, SIL had a diposable with her so I can post some pictures when we get them developed.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Theresa, living on an air base, the Air Shows are one of our favorite things to take in, the kids just LOVE it and it's a great way to spend the day as a family, it also helps that my hubby is a Crew Chief (mechanic) for the F-16's so the kids love it that daddy shows them everything :)

So glad you had a great time.

I'm getting ready to go buy pumpkins here in the next day or two and then start carving for the Blog-o-lantern...can't wait :)

Hugs,
Sandra

Addie said...

Tonight, Ben went with Sporty to her school to carve pumpkins. We'll probably do another one here at home this weekend so I'll have two for the contest. :D

I'm glad to hear life is pretty much back to normal for ya! I hope the house sells soon! :-)

Barb said...

My goodness, you HAVE been busy. But except for the poor cell phone, this sounds like so much fun. I love your photos.

The Blue Angels come to Grand Junction every year for our big air show. My husband's ex air force and a former air traffic controller so it's a pretty big deal. Last year I just sat in my back yard and watched it all.

Stacey said...

Glad to hear you had such a fun time! I've been wanting to take the kids to a farm and do the pumpkin patch thing. It's always soooo fun.

Can't wait to see everyone's carvings!!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of you and your girls!

Tracie Nall said...

I still haven't gotten the new coffee pot either :(

If only people would pick one out for us!! I really do want a good suggestion, because I am definately wanting to take hte plunge and get a programable one (waking up to coffee is just too good to pass up!)

The Blue Angels are the best. I actually live right by their "home town", so we see them more than once a year--it's incredible every time.