07 October 2006

How do you know when Grey's Anatomy becomes an addiction?

1. When you watch episodes on DVD from your computer until you go in reserve power with your battery...and then it goes dead.

2. When you sleep in your daughter's cinderella canopy bed with MacBook in hand so you don't disturb others in the house while watching.

3. When your hubby goes out and buys you a brand new DVD player for your bedroom JUST so you can watch episode after episode without running down the battery on your computer. Oh yes he did!

4. When you let out a loud screeching noise at your 19-month old daughter who almost touched the buttons on the DVD player.

5. When you pause the show every. single. time. someone comes in your room so you don't miss a thing.

6. When you rewind at any time to hear something over, because you're not quite sure what was said behind those little gas masks.

7. When you laugh out loud and look around to see if any else is laughing? Then, realize you're the only one in the room.

8. When you turn up the volume because the air conditioner kicked on or the dog's snore gets a little too loud.

9. When you start dreaming about McDreamy and dream the rest of the cast are actually your friends.

10. When you've watched 16 episodes in four days . . . seriously!

Thanks Addie, Julie, Robin and all you other die hard fans! You've turned me into a Grey's Monster!

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your healing process. Hope you are feeling better.

Barb said...

Oh dear. You're as addicted as the rest of us.

And Rob gave me the cutest little DVD player last Christmas. Just perfect for my bedroom.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I assume you are since you even care about watching GA again but I suppose a person could be gasping her last and still have to watch GA without all those annoying interruptions. :-)

Addie said...

You are officially referring to it as Grey's. Welcome to the club! Seriously! :-) What other TV shows do you need to become addicted to during your recovery?

Hope the laughing and agonizing back and forth between McDreamy and Mer hasn't been hurting your stomach. :-) You sound like your doing pretty well. Get your rest.

Anonymous said...

So glad you've joined the dark side, or should I say "grey's side". Let the McForce be with you!

Robin

Sandra said...

You know I only got into Grey's Anatomy after you mentioned it, and now I'm addicted, LOVE LOVE LOVE it ;) I actually put some of the shows moments up on my blog today, it's part of a music video, but boy did it make me tear up :)

Stop by and take a look if you get a chance.

So glad you're doing better and back home, huge hugs to you.
Sandra

Kelley said...

Sounds like a textbook case of Grey's Addiciton. You'll be happy to hear that there's no Grey's Anatomy Anonymous club though, because none of us want to be freed from our addiction. So, welcome to the GA club, T! Glad you're enjoying those DVDs and getting better.

Vessel said...

It's good to hear you getting back to normal. Normal? Is there really a normal? Oh, well , good to see you up and around.
God is good.

Susie said...

Enjoy the down time...it won't last forever! I liked #7 and I can just picture you doing that, too!

Stacey said...

Oh you're hooked now! Julie got me hooked on it last year : )

Lori said...

Tag you are it. Are you still alive gal have not heard from you.

Girl Raised in the South said...

I don't know what else to say - its my #1 favorite show out there. I'd give up all the rest to watch it every week. Tears, laughter outloud, horror. Great great show in my book.

BendingPeak said...

I guess I have to admit that I am officially addicted. After a bad day a few episodes seem to make things better.
I'm glad I am not alone!