10 October 2006

The Great Physician

I went to the doctor's today and the staples are officially out. I'm still taking quite a few meds but I'm feeling much better. I can get up and down the stairs now, but I still can't drive or pick up the girls.

But by far the best news today was that the mass they tested is benign! Thanks so much for all your prayers.

I must admit I was a little shocked today when the doctor admitted that he was SO relieved it wasn't cancer. He was practically throwing his hands up in the air and cheering. He said when they see a "solid mass" they get very worried (now he tells me.) Anyways, he said that he has seen two solid mass cases so far this year (me and another gal) and the other girl's came back as cancer. I know I will need to pray for her because this so easily could have been turned around.

So again, thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. I know a lot of you have emailed me directly asking for an update and to see how I was doing, so I thought I would just write a quick post about my status.

Once again, The Great Physician comes through. He never fails to amaze me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't called. It's been a bit nuts being out of town and now back to normal-sort of. But, I know you are in good hands! Glad you are on the mend and I'll hollar at you this week.

Much love,
Robin

Sandra said...

Oh Theresa that is wonderful news :) I've been praying for you. I was just saying to another blogger this morning, that it's amazing how the power of prayer has been working across blogland....truly amazing :)

Hope you continue to feel better, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Sandra

mamashine said...

Woo Hoo! Fabulous news! :)

Lori said...

Yeah you are still alive. I know how you feel (after 3 C-sections) take your time, go slow. I know I am still trying to gain my energy back from my surgery.

Thanks for the update.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Rejoicing with you! That's just great, great news. I had a scare about ten years ago, and you think you aren't a worrier til something big comes along, then you realize how hard it is to set it down at his feet and leave it there. I'm thrilled to hear your results. xoxoxo

Barb said...

Excuse me? My sister had a scare ten years ago that I didn't know about? Hmmmm. She'll be getting an email from me in a minute.

What wonderful news, Theresa. A whole lot of us out here were praying for you so I'm almost not surprised but I know you must be hugely relieved.

I'm sure we'll all include the other girl in our prayers. You're right - it could easily have been turned around.

Wonderful news. Wonderful.

(and if you seriously want some cute scrunchies, I'd NEVER let you pay a cent for them. No way. But I'd be happy to send you some. I seem to have an awful lot of them around here. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so relieved.

Stacey said...

Oh T, I'm so glad everything turned out to be positive. I know you were in so much pain and I know you're still taking lots of meds but it could have been so much worse! Praise the Lord that you're doing good!!

Susie said...

Wow...you are truly blessed! I'm rejoicing with you in the great news!