04 October 2006

Home at last

Can you believe it? Since the last update things got a little worse. My EKG was normal but my chest x-ray showed I had pneumonia. My worst nightmare...more days in the hospital - ugh! Just as my doctor was saying, "I'll check the x-ray, but I've never had a patient get pneumonia after open surgery".

Leave it to me to change that little statistic.

I'm trying to recover now with somewhere between 15 - 20 staples in my stomach, sore arms from all the IV's and blood level checks and enough prescriptions to open my own pharmacy.

I'll probably be living in my bedroom for the next two weeks but there are some good things to look forward to...

I'm home now, in my own bedroom, with hubby, my girls, TiVo, the MacBook and DVD player at my disposal. Plus, I have two family members in town taking care of me, the house, and my children. And ya know what? That's whole lot better than where I was yesterday!

So what was suppose to be a same day out patient surgery, turned into a six day hospital day with open surgery. But, I am thankful to all my friends and family (and yes YOU if you're reading this) for all the prayers and love that were sent my way.

Some say blogging is just a hobby but y'all were the ones that help me through that last hump in the hospital when I thought things couldn't get any worse. Oh, and thank you Lord for inventing this crazy thing we call technology - especially PDA's! :-)

I'll right more when my big, bruised belly can handle sitting up more than 15 minutes at a time.

19 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Glad you're finally home and on the road to recovery, T-Lo. Get well soon, friend. We missed you here in the blogosphere. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're home and doing better!

Susannah said...

Just popped in, and here you are in the hospital! I pray your recovery is very smooth from here on out. Blessings, e-Mom

Lori said...

Oh honey I was thinking of you all day. I was worried because I had not heard any more. Are you going to still do your Blog-o-lanturn? The reason I am asking is because I plan on mentioning it on my Thursday Thirteen and linking them to here.

girl you beat me in hospital stays =)) I know what you mean about people of bloggyville helping your through, their support has been really helpful in my healing.

I think I have watched more TV these last few days then ever =))

Keep in touch.

Blessings.

boomama said...

Bless your heart - so glad you're home. So glad you're on the road to recovery, too. TAKE IT EASY, okay?

Love love love -
SH

Kelley said...

There's really no place like home, is there? There's just something about sleeping in your own bed, with your own pillow, in your own house with your own family. Glad you're back, T.

Hope you feel better soon (just don't admit to it until you finish watching those Grey's Anatomy DVDs). Still praying for you...

Love, Kel

Wendy said...

So glad you are home now and being cared for. Wow, what a journey it has been for you.

This is so much more than a hobby. We have seen amazing things happen through prayer in this little blogging world, huh.

Addie said...

YAY!!! Your home!! You poor dear! Now you make sure and let them take care of you. Don't let your OCD tell you that you need to get up and do something. Just rest, rest, REST!!!!!

(Did ya get hooked on Grey's? Are you now officially calling it Grey's?)

Love ya!
-ad

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're home. Here's hoping other people leave your house spotless while you're healing.

Take care.

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Glad your home. Have you watched the Grey's DVD's yet? That will keep your mind off your pain:-)

Stacey said...

I'm so glad you're home T! I've been praying for you so much. I was wondering if you were up for visitors yet? Maybe I can give John a call and talk with him. It's just so good to read that your safe at home and getting better!!

Stacey said...

BTW, I guess you won't be doing any diet and exercise for a while, huh? Oh well, I always seem to lose wait after I have surgery : )

Lori said...

did you see my TT today on my blog (#13) =))

Tammy said...

Bless your heart, I'm so glad you're finally home! I'm sure "home" will be even more appreciated after this experience!
You were in my prayers...and though I'm sorry you went through all that, I'm so thankful the Lord is taking care of you and you're home with your family!

Anonymous said...

You are welcome...! It is "I" and "I" am reading this, as I've just found your blog about a week ago and have been praying most fervently! ;). Glad to see you're not lacking a cheerful spirit. Glad for you and your family that you are home!

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
You were in my prayers the past couple of days. I know that kind of stuff is not fun (I've had a similar surgery--no pneumonia though), but I know you are relieved to be on the mend.

Susie said...

So glad to hear that you're home now! I'm sorry it turned out to be a bigger ordeal than you planned. Praise God that you're doing better. We'll keep praying!

Barb said...

I'm just so sorry it turned into such an ordeal for you, Theresa. I know you never expected anything like this. But thank goodness you're OK and you have help. An abdominal incision takes a while to recover from.

And yes, there was a lot of praying going on out here for you. You're just further proof that prayer works. Thank God this is behind you and you're going to be OK. We were a little worried there for a while. :-) It's nice to have you back.

Anonymous said...

Oh my -- I had no idea. Hope the rest of your recovery is smooth and uneventful and that you can get some rest.