28 January 2006

Missing Daddy




Well this week has been quite a challenge. John had to leave for Santa Cruz last Sunday for a big Cerner project he has been working on for the last 6 months. From what I can tell he is surviving on Starbucks and no sleep. I think I've talked to him a total of four times since last Sunday!
Me and the girls are really missing him tonight. Victoria has been waking up in the middle of the night crying. When I ask her what is wrong she says, "I'am crying for my Daddy". It just breaks my heart. Not to mention I've come down with some awful cold and cough. In addition, Claire just starting saying, "Da-Da" and "Dad-die" for the first time.

To stir things up even more, John was suppose to come home this afternoon and I told Victoria after naptime today that Daddy would be here. Well, wouldn't you know another node failed at the hospital and he has to stay another night working it out with IBM and the hospital. Try explaining that to a 3 year old. To top it off, tonight before I put Victoria to sleep she says, "Mommy, will Daddy be home after this nappy?" My heart broke it two. I didn't want to say yes in case something else came up - so I simply said, "he should be honey".

Even though I have been sick I tried to keep Victoria busy. We have cooked dinners together, colored, played in the playroom and today we went to her soccer practice. Then, we shared a blueberry scone at Starbucks and went to storytime at Barnes and Noble and played with the Thomas the trains. They learned about the Chinese New Year and made Chinese dragons as a craft. We had a lot of fun...but we will have more fun once Daddy gets home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In a few months you'll have all of us to keep you company when he is gone. yeah! hope you get to feeling better.