29 August 2007

We survived it

Today was our second day of Kindergarten and boy does she love it. Sissy got up on the first day, Tuesday and ate breakfast, brushed her teeth, we did her hair, she got dressed all in TWENTY minutes flat. We had determined the night before we were going to do our neighborly duty and walk to school to help with the first day school madness (per the principals' request). Luckily for us, it was a cool morning. However, we took the wagon along just in case the girls got too tired or hot. Our biggest challenge was trying to convince Sugar that she can't go to school yet. (Preschool starts for her next week). Sugar has a matching backpack and carries it to the school each morning. Today she even managed to put her backpack in someone's cubbie in the classroom- oops!

When we finally made it home the first day I asked Sissy what her favorite part of the day was and she said, "when we colored and played outside".

Spoken like a true Kindergartener.

So far the week is going well. She is very hungry and tired when she gets home but we're pushing forward. For all the Grannies, aunties and friends I've posted some pictures from the first day of school.

Here she is putting her Hello Kitty backpack in her cubbie. On the back wall of her cubbie there is a really cute laminated frog with her name on it.
At "Meet the Teacher Night" the students got to pick their own seats.
So on the first day she went straight to her seat to find her name tag. She also
wanted to make sure there were other girls sitting at her table. :-)
Then right before we left, the students were doing "working hands" as there first
activity for the day. I even had to ask for a kiss goodbye... I shed two tears and
decided to skip the "Yahoo, Boo-hoo breakfast" for the moms!
Well tomorrow night is "Meet the Teacher Night" for Sugar's preschool. That one should be a little less stressful. Ha, ha. Sugar is SO anxious to go...she cries everyday, "I want to go to schooool". I'll do a new post on her first day, September 4th. It should be a good one. :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm so glad she likes Kindergarten. What a relief for you, eh?

I loved the pictures you posted. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

too cute.

Anonymous said...

I am already dreading my oldest son's first day of school and he's only 2!! It seems like once they start school they are so much more grown up!!

Anonymous said...

Great to read she loves kindergarten.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Congrats on surviving the first days of Kindergarten. My son started this week too. I can't believe my baby is old enough for Kindergarten. My youngest goes to preschool next week for the first time. He can't wait. Now if he could only get the potty training down....

DK said...

Congratulations, Sissy! Kindergarten - Wow, that's a very big deal! How's Mom doing? :) I hope you all have a fabulous school year - lots of firsts to look forward to.
DK
A Flyover Blog

Stacey said...

She is just too stinkin' cute! I just love the outfit and her hair is adorable. I'm glad to hear you both made it through the first day!