07 June 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Graphic courtesy of Kelly @ Diary of the Nello

Thirteen Things I have realized about my age over the past week...

1. You know you're getting older when...You switch your subscription from Cosmopolitian magazine to Better Homes and Gardens. (I coincidently subscribed myself this week.)

2. You know you're getting older when...You show up at the swimming pool with a one piece swim suit and matching body cover...with kids in tow.

3. You know you're getting older when...You know all the words to every song on Noggin or Boomerang but can't name a single current pop song.

4. You know you're getting older when...Your kids and dogs are dressed and groomed better than you.

5. You know you're getting older when...You can watch the History Channel for long periods of time, without falling asleep or getting bored.

6. You know you're getting older when...You only weigh yourself when all your clothes off.

7. You know you're getting older when...You get eight hours of sleep and still need a afternoon nap.

8. You know you're getting older when...You consider a "late night out" is after 9:00pm.

9. You know you're getting older when...You catch yourself repeating phrases that your mom or dad used to say to you.

10. You know you're getting older when...You have to pause and think about how old you are.

11. You know you're getting older when...You finally say your age and realize later the you were wrong.

12. You know you're getting older when...You change from sugar-coated cereals to fiber-filled cereals. :-)

13. You know you're getting older when...You can't think of thirteen things that you just thought of earlier in the day.


10 comments:

Wendy said...

So funny and true, I can relate to so many!

Time is flying. Just the other day I was trying to remember how old I was going to be this year.

mamashine said...

Oh, this is so true. Except the part about getting eight hours of sleep. I haven't done that in so long! Can't wait till the baby starts sleeping through the night...

Robin said...

This was the perfect way to start my day! So so so funny, and sadly...so so so true.

Kelley said...

Hey, at least I'm still bored by the History channel. Although my (younger) hubby is not.

Stacey said...

Very funny! I love these!!

I'm with Kelley though... history not for me :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't play the Thursday Thirteen anymore... but I read yours. And I HAD to tell you that I related to every. single. one. on your list.
And I'm 29.
(I have two kids as well... ages 4 and 2. Mine are EVERYWHERE.)

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Too funny! Amen...especially the one about the songs on Noggin. I sing them in my sleep! I just stumbled across your blog through "kisses of sunshine's blog" and it's so funny. We have a lot in common! I just moved FROM Dallas and was a member of Fellowship Church. I have 2 and 4 yr old girls (who made many a trip to Sweet & Sassy) and I grew up listening to Bullfrogs and Butterflies! Too fun! I'm surprised our paths haven't crossed. Visit my blog if you'd like... http://texasaggieinfl.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh No!!! I'm old!!!

Wendy said...

Theresa, I have to see your playroom where you used chalkboard paint! You'll have to post those pictures soon. I haven't done our wall yet and it would be great to see one completed before I do. How are the girls liking it?

Anonymous said...

This is too funny, and sooooo true! :)