15 March 2007

Three days packing, a two day road trip and one happy arrival!

I know this post is long overdue but yes we have arrived in the Lone Star State in one piece. The drive actually went extremely well. The only hiccup on the first day was Sugar getting car sick from all the junk food she ate that day. But no problem. We simply pulled over to the side of the road, peeled off her clothes, wiped er' down and off we went. We finally arrived in El Paso around seven for our overnight stay and we were back on the road by 8:00am.


The second day was the longest part of our drive. We killed lots of time by coloring, watching a few movies and talking to Grannie, Grandma Twyla, Aunt Donna and whoever else we could reach at home. :-) But when 4:00pm finally came around, Sissy started with "how much longer til we get there?"

Then our road trip almost ended about 45 minutes before our arrival.

See, as we were driving through downtown Fort Worth a pickup truck came over into our lane!


Thankfully hubby was quick thinking and slammed on the brakes. Unfortunately, Smokey (our 45-50 lb. mut) was the one who went airborne from the back seat of the van to the front seat and smacked into the dashboard! Luckily, he didn't sustain any injuries but remained on my lap shaking his little heart out for the remainder of the trip.
Oh and one more thing...we did have to pay what hubby calls the "Texas Entry Fee". That would be one speeding ticket on the final stretch through the Permian Basin! So other than those three incidences we arrived safely in Dallas. Currently, we are staying in our temporary home (the hotel) until closing tomorrow.

Now for the fun stuff! I finally got to see the house today! Hubby did the final walk through as I anxiously examined the house. I must give kudos to hubby on the final decision because folks she is a dream. Inside and out! I think the kitchen is my favorite part with double stainless steel convection ovens, granite countertops and a gas cooktop. I believe Rachel Ray and I are going to build some fond memories in this house together. :-)

Well folks there is SO much more to blog about but I've got to catch some zzzzz's. We've got a big weekend ahead of us.

Stay tuned for more pictures and stories as we head on our new adventure!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It's great to have you back - glad you arrived safely!! And man, oh, man, did John do a fantastic job on the house. Can't wait to see more ;)

Stacey said...

I left a comment but it didn't post for some reason!

So glad you finally made it home! Wow, that house it beautiful! I can't wait to see more pics of the inside and the back yard! I love the front shot!!

Shawna said...

I am so glad you had a safe and somewhat uneventful trip. I know you are so happy to be back home again.

I cannot wait to see more pictures. That looks like a beautiful house. Congratulations!

Kelley said...

So happy for you, T! That house definitely looks & sounds like a keeper. It's gorgeous on the outside.

Good luck with the UN-packing! Congrats!

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

YOUR HOUSE IS BEAUTIFUL! WOW! I can't wait to see more photos! Best of luck with unpacking...it can be such a pain!

Barb said...

Look at that house! It's gorgeous. You must be soooo excited.

And your poor dog. How horrible. Thank goodness there were no injuries but the poor little thing must have been scared half to death.

Love the welcome to Texas sign. Love it.

Susie said...

Hmmmm, imagine that...I've talked to John, how many times in the past couple of days and not once did he mention anything about his "entrance fee" to TX! I'm so thrilled for you and your family to be back home! Your new home is stunning! I pray that God will bless you as you make wonderful new memories with your family in TX!
Susie

mamashine said...

Ooh! Gorgeous house! And yes, the kitchen does sound fabulous.
Congrats on being back!

Anonymous said...

Well, I think your hubby did a FINE job picking out a house. That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Hope y'all are getting all settled in!
Welcome back to the wonderful state! :)

Unknown said...

That is an absolutely beautiful house! I'm jealous!!!! And your kitchen is AWESOME!