29 March 2007

Did I ever mention on this ole' blog

...how much I love Texas? But first, let me preface this for all my Arizona pals. I am no way trying to hurt your feelings are to put down your "home" state. So for bloggity goodness, can we all just agree to agree that not everyone likes the exact same thing or the same place(s).

Good! :-)

Let's me just say for that last five days it has been gray, gloomy, windy, rainy, overcast and in the mid 70's. Now I know for some this may just put them over the edge but for me, well it's just all good! Today we had a thunderstorm...with rain...lightning...thunder...and high winds. :-)

Also in the area we have blooming Wysteria, Hydrangeas, Lantana and bright, bright, green grass! I can't wait for the blue bonnets to arrive. Rest assured there will be pictures!!

Like I said, it's just all good here in the state of Texas.

It's only been two weeks and I've met four of my neighbors (one brought us dinner - thank you to the Miller's), we've received Goodie baskets, cards and all sorts of other wonderful southern hospitality.

Even more exciting, I've been out with my friends already three times and the best part was attending our old church again. I will admit, I bawled during the service but I was so overwhelmed with everything. Not to mention our guest speaker T.D. Jakes delivered a very thought-provoking sermon. "Are you following what I'm saying?" *smile*

Finally, today was loaded with Wild Cherry Excitement so I've been busy steaming, washing, drying and folding laundry the entire day. With all smiles of course!

Tomorrow our new furniture is suppose to arrive and I can't wait to actually see it in the house. And if anyone needs to get some new furniture anytime soon, I highly recommend you stop by THE DUMP. And Saturday my sweet MIL and I have big plans to attend First Monday in Canton. And yes this is my FIRST time to attend and if you don't know what it is don't worry, I'll be sure to blog about it. :-)

Ciao, T-Lo

6 comments:

Linda said...

I know exactly how you feel Theresa. I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!!! The Blue Bonnets are absolutley gorgeous this spring. They are out in all their glory here. I love looking at them as we ride down the road. They make me smile.
Sounds like you're getting all settled in. I'm so glad for you.

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

Holy Moly...TD JAKES! WOW! Lucky gal you are!

I'm from WI, but have been to TX once, and loved it. However, I had a horrible experince while taking family pictures in a large field of blue bonnets...I stepped on a red ant mound....Needless to say, as nice as TX is, that is the one memory I take with me!

Stacey said...

I'm just wondering when we can come visit and see all the wonderful Texas goodness?? I was just thinking as I read this... I'm so glad she's home and having such a wonderful time! It's weird to think that you're not just down the road any more though, ya know : )

Paulette said...

Welcome home. How funny I will be at Canton as well Ill look for ya, LOL
I love Texas as well, and the storms!

Anonymous said...

Great to read that your neighbors are friendly and that you love Texas.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Welcome home, Theresa! So glad it all finally came together for you to get here. I love Texas, too. We're here to stay.