28 February 2007

I can't believe she's TWO!

Two years ago today our second little princess was born. I remember the day going to my sonogram to find out the sex of the baby and being terribly disappointed. But no this was not because of the sex but, because her little legs were crossed and we couldn't see if our little one was a he or a she at the time.

I remember the sonographer telling me "I've got a stubborn one here". Boy, was he right. Sugar is as strong-willed today as she was in the womb. :-)

And though she may be strong-willed her big blue eyes will make you forget everything she's done bad in a nano-second. She has the sweetest heart and loves on everyone that acknowledges her presence. And nearly everyday she tries to imitate her big sister and be a "big girl".

However, there are times when she has a mind of her own.

Remember that strong-willed baby I mentioned earlier? Well yesterday, said baby found herself in the ER after guzzling down some Children's Benadryl. Even though Mama thought it was out of her reach she proved me wrong. Sugar managed to push a solid wood chair over to the kitchen counter, climb on top of the counter, crawl way down down the kitchen counter, across my stove and reach the medicine bin on the third shelf in the corner cabinet. And what's more amazing was that houdini herself was able to remove the "child proof" lid on the bottle. Fortunately, after a few vital checks and regular monitoring in the ER, Sugar's only side effect was a big ole' sleep-o-fest for the majority of the afternoon.

On the contrary, today she has been telling herself "Hapy Birfday" and saying "I'm twooo"! She spent the day playing Barbie's, dolls and watching Barney and Curious George with her Sissy.

Tonight I put her in her crib with her Pooh bear, blankie and binki's. And though that sounds still so much like a baby, I still can't believe she's two!

Happy Birthday my sweet Sugar!

7 comments:

Eagles Wings said...

Belated happy birthday to your little one!!!
It is so hard to believe the time has flown by so quickly!
I have three boys the same age as your little ones...turning 4 and twins turning 2 in 18 days!

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Sugar! What a big girl you are now!

Scary about the meds though. Sounds like something my Seth would do! Glad to hear she's doing fine today!!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to little Sugar!! I'm so glad she's okay. They do have a way of making life exciting! I have a little granddaughter with much the same personality. I keep telling her mom and dad that one day that strong will (well channeled by God) will be a great asset. She may be destined for great things!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet. I think the second born definitely has a MIND OF THEIR OWN!!!! (and maybe some form of super powers to climb and twist off childproof caps!-that's scary!!) I'm always amazed when they outsmart me.
The Tinker Bell outfit is adorable. I know a little girl at my house who would LOVE that!
Happy Birthday little one. :)

Barb said...

What a cutie she is. And this post scared me. This makes me realize I need to take a whole new look at where I keep things in this house. Cameron is just four months younger than her.

Amanda said...

Hi Theresa! I just found your blog via Kisses of Sunshine, and love it! I haven't heard Agapeland music since I was 8! What wonderful memories you've brought back! I wanna go buy the cds now for my boys! :)

Shawna said...

She is cute, and I love the fairy costume~something we've not had around here!

I bet you were so scared. I just told someone today I have two sons and a billy goat. My middle son climbs til he can touch the ceiling. Nothing is out of his reach, and his little brother is right behind him. I think I place too much stock in "child proof" lids, and some vitamins and supplements don't even bother with child proof. I am very thankful your little one is fine.