29 January 2007

The next best thing...

...in Arizona besides the mountains and 70 degree weather in January is McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park!

A while back when my dad and sister visited we stumbled upon this great train park in Scottsdale. Needless to say, it has been our favorite place to go with the family ever since then. They have actual trains that you can ride on, a carousel, a lookout tower, a huge playground, shops and a museum. The best part is that it is FREE to get in and the trains rides only cost a $1.00 a ticket!

Below is a picture of the larger train and Sissy riding inside one of the freight cars. And, of course Sugar riding on the Carousel with Daddy. I think we are going to have Sugar's Birthday party here since she is such a train lover right now.
Hmmm, I wonder why? :-)

9 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like a perfect place for a party. Having lived in the north for the first 36 years of my life, I am thrilled to death with 70 degree weather in January. I love to look at the national weather map and see that it is freezing up north. Makes all that sweating in the summer worthwhile:)

Anonymous said...

My 3-year old loves train rides, too. He loves Thomas, but he loves riding my aching back more.

Hmp.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Barb said...

I'm not interested in your summers but boy your winters sound wonderful. I'm tired of being cold!

What a fun place. No wonder they love it. It's perfect for a birthday party.

Nicole said...

That sounds like an awesome place. I wish we had something like that here. The only place fun and free is the park. That sounds like a blast!

Tammy said...

Oh, that does sound like such a great place to take the kids! What cute photos! Glad you all had a great time! :)

Vessel said...

Very fun place. Cute little faces!

Stacey said...

Jeff's company actually had their Christmas party there in December. It was pretty chilly out but the kids loved the trains. It's a fun place to take the kids!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Oh Theresa, I know you'll pay long about July or August, but its negative 3 right now, Your 70 sounds like a slice of heaven. Wear something sleeveless for me today! xoxo

Wendy said...

I've been there too. I used to live in Arizona. Oh, how I wish it was 72 degrees here right now! It is a high of 5. Burr!

Your girls are getting so big!