02 January 2007

New Year's Meditations


I love this idea that Laurel is hosting over at Laurel Wreath. She would like for us to share our "New Year's Mediations" instead of our "New Year's Resolutions". Isn't she smart? I think it sounds so much better too. Especially since every. single. year. I blow off every resolution I make say mid-February. :-)

Anyhoo, since I haven't blogged in like forever, I thought this would be a good thing to start the new year with. (Wow, my English teacher would be proud of that sentence!)

Unlike previous year's, I'm not setting the usual goal to lose weight, eat better, read more, blah, blah, blah but rather...Trust God More With His Plan For My Life.

It seems like such a simple thing to do but yet, this past year it has been one of the hardest things for me to do. Then to start the new year with our house still on the market and myself facing more health issues it seems even harder.

So, for my 2007 New Year's Mediation I'm going to be meditating on these two verses:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowldge him, and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

And the one that got me through my last surgery...

"For I know I have plans for you,'declares the Lord', 'plans to prosper you
not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11


I know this isn't a nice long organized list of goals for 2007 but the truth be known, this is all I can and need to focus on right now.

If you would like to read other folks meditations for 2007 head on over to Laurel Wreath.

Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Trusting God is the hardest goal, isn't it? It's a daily struggle for me to let go and trust.
Thanks for sharing--I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Stacy said...

Hello Miss T-Lo,
Our family too has been traveling for Christmas, and life has been full and busy.
On the one hand, I am so bummed for you that your house hasn't sold yet. The market is so amazingly slow right now in Arizona...I'm sure it can be very discouraging. On the other hand, you are still in Arizona,and I can still have the chance to see you a few more times before you depart.
Please pray for Compass Church - the drama over the past few months has been painful (you may or may not have heard what's going on here)
A VERY,very blessed and Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family! :)

Barb said...

Jeremiah 29:11 is exactly the verse I mentioned in my New Year's Meditations. It's the verse I'm counting on to get me through the next several months.

Doesn't have to be a big long list of goals when just this one really covers it all anyway.

I hope the new medical issues aren't serious.

Linda said...

I think that is a wonderful goal. Have you noticed how this "trust thing" seems to keep coming up for so many of us. I think the Lord is up to something. I think it is something miraculous.

Melissa said...

What a wonderful resolution. I know it can really be hard to trust the Lord on a day to day basis. I pray that God will continue to reveal Himself to you and continue to show you His faithfulness as you face challenges this year.

Stacey said...

I feel like we haven't talked in forever! Hope you guys are doing good out there in Buckeye : )- Maybe we'll catch up with each other soon.

M said...

hi there Theresa - I love your blog - I really like what you have to say about New Year's Resolutions! I agree with you! I was wondering if you guys have moved back to Texas yet! We live in Denison, TX! Well...have a nice day!
blessings, margaret